Revell 1/32 He162, with Aires and Eduard goodies...

Mustang JBB

Well guys, I have to leave this build for a while. My wife and I will be out of town until June 21. We are heading out for vacation ending with an industry conference. We decided to fly into Baltimore(hoping all is well for three days) to see the Constellation, acquarium, Fort McHenry, and a few other things. Then we take the train down to DC for all of those sights. Of course, we will be visiting both Air and Space Museums. Then we rent a car and drive down to Mt. Vernon, Williamsburg, Jamestown, and on to Kittyhawk. Over a couple of days of course. Then we end up in Myrtle Beach to spend a few days at my business partners place, and finally we all drive to Nashville for the conference. If we live through the whole thing, we fly back from Nashville to San Antonio and collapse.

I hope I can remember all of the new PE techniques I learned over the last few weeks. May be a good time to start a build journal! I did order a few new books on building with brass and other metals, but they don't come in until the day after we leave. Oh well, I have another Patrick O'Brian, Master and Commander" novel to read, and I am in the middle of "Flight of the Intruder". Again

See you when we get back!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Did you ever get back to this one, James?

Kev

Sadly... no.  An extended stay away from the table due to work made me loose interest.  Some othe sexy new kit stole the spot light and the 162 got shelved.  However, your interest in the post has got me thinking I need to bring her back out and finish her.

Sadly... no.  An extended stay away from the table due to work made me loose interest.  Some othe sexy new kit stole the spot light and the 162 got shelved.  However, your interest in the post has got me thinking I need to bring her back out and finish her.

Go on.... you know you want to....

Matt

Catching up on your build.  Fantastic work.  But man that tiny etch so close to the carpet monster made my skin crawl.   :D   If it were me I'd have lost some of those smaller bits within seconds of it being placed on the mat.

IMG_3153_zpse5rioko7.jpg

Jeff

Catching up on your build.  

Catching up on your build. Fantastic work. But man that tiny etch so close to the carpet monster made my skin crawl. :D If it were me I'd have lost some of those smaller bits within seconds of it being placed on the mat.

Jeff

Catching up on your build.

That is actually an old towel. I use it “catch†those small parts if they leave the mat. The towel helps prevent them from reaching the floor. I have dark and light colored towels depending on the color of plastic, brass, resin etc. If a part falls into the towel, I jus pick up the corners to make a bowl shape and shake the part to the center of the towel. Beats crawling around on the floor prayng and crying! ;). Saved me a few times.

Edited by Mustang JBB

It's a pretty fast kit to build even with all the add-ons that you've done

I have all of the flying surfaces glued and sanded, along with most of the fiddly bits prepped and ready for paint.  The big hurdle is getting all of the various cockpit parts into the fuselage without screwing the pooch.  The cockpit will be a mismash of the PE and Aires resin.  The issue I was dealing with when I stopped was prepping the plastic fuselage parts and the Aires cockpit side walls to where the would lay together as close as possible.  I made a mess of the fuselage carving away all of the molded in detail.  Needs some serious TLC to get her into shape.  Everything else is ready to go.