1/32 Revell Focke Wulf Fw190 F-8 White 48........FINISHED.

monthebiff

• 1 month later...

Hi Fab,

Thank you for checking by.

No snow at all, Brexit.....what a joke (but lets no go there ), currently no progress since my last update for a few reasons:

a) Had a major chill during the Christmas holidays and didn't do so much on the 190.

B) The Brassin sets are amazing but the engine in particular needs lots of time and attention so I work on it a bit at a time so it doesn't sap my interest in the build!!

c) been a little side tracked by my first WnW build

20170112_192313-1_zpscgd3h0ew.jpg

d) And the biggest reason is we are all packed up for our house move that is happening nest Saturday, can't wait to get back on the bench and make some progress with the 190.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

• 1 month later...

Back in to this build again after a break from it, after reacquainting myself with where I had got up to I finished the assembly of the Eduard cockpit components ready for some paint.,

20170307-202947.jpg

One of the reasons I took a break from this build was I wasn't really sure how far I wanted to go with opening up further panels, so after some thought I've decided to open up the gun  bay in the starboard wing as well as the access panel on the tail, As well as this I also wanted to improve the wheel well detail further.

20170307-165119.jpg

Some further chopping around of the base kit will be needed to get this lot to fit and hopefully it will be worth the extra effort.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Hi Andy,

I have published several photos of this aircraft in my 'Captured Eagles Vol.1' book and meanwhile was lucky enough to find a color slide that shows 'White 48' at Lippstadt. I have studied the colors and partially they are slightly different than what I described in Volume 1 (where I based the color interpretation solely on b/w photos). The photo will be published in my 'Captured Eagles Vol.2'.

This was a refurbished plane. Underneath the serial number on the tail a former serial number can be seen shining through.

Cheers,

Roger