Trumpeter Junkers Ju 87A-1 "Anton"

Hello, everyone. I just finished this one today, after exactly one month of working on it, pretty much all day, every day. I'm not usually one to get the newest kit the second it hits store shelves and, even if I do, it will normally sit for quite some time before I get around to building it. For some reason, however, I had to get this kit and buid it, as soon as it came out. I'm not a Stuka fanatic or expert, by any stretch, but there's something about the early A model Stuka (often referred to as "Anton") that appeals to me. Anyway, I started this kit with the intention of just doing an out-of-the-box "quick build". However, I started to see a few areas in the kit that I thought I could improve upon and things kind of snowballed from there. I have to thank all of the guys who followed along with the WIP thread, (found here: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=53021), as many of them helped me along with photos, additional information and, especially motivation and inspiration. I want to give a special thank you to Alain, for pushing me to put more detail into the cockpit, as well as for the idea behind the first aid compartment and it's panel (which turned out great!). The kit's pit is not too shabby, but adding even more scratch detail to it and posing the canopy open to show it off was a great decision and I'm glad I followed Alain's advice and finally "saw the light" of his vision.  B)

The list of modifications and additions is too long to get into here, but you can read all about it in the WIP thread. I did my best to explain and photograph everything as I went along. Overall, the kit isn't so bad. Some of the parts and assemblies fit as good or better than any other model I've ever built. Some areas are not as good, however. The kit has more than it's share of shape and detail issues, but I was able to at least improve the look of a lot of these things, at least to the point that it satisfies me. Other than a few flaws that I decided to live with (and a few more that popped out at me while editing the photos!), I'm very happy with the way this model turned out. It's very unique and looks great in my display case. I also learned a lot more about Stukas while building it and it also allowed me to stretch my skill set and try some new things. I hope you enjoy viewing it as much as I enjoyed building it!

John

First off, the only photo of the plane I wished to model (which wasn't on the decal sheet, of course!).

Ju87-A1-Early-Production-Prototype-D-IEA

35-BW-TEXT.jpg

20141025-164652.jpg

31.jpg

11.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

27.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

Thanks Kev and Shaka!

That really does look awesome John! Let me be the first to congratulate you on a terrific model - and executed in such quick time too! And of course, you know I'm going to want to publish it on the website.

Kev

No problem, Kev. I would be honored.

Thanks again,

John

Love it!!!! I wonder why the pic of the real Stuka has the pilot's canopy missing- he's gonna catch a cold..

He was probably waiting for the Future to dry before attaching the canopy.

John;

Awesome, awesome build! Can't find enough words to say how awesome this build is!  :punk:

Regards;

Steve

Great job, John, the early splinter camo really pops in your glory pics. And I see what you mean on the air brake mounts - they do look long! You did a great job also on the pants, they appear to match the photo very well, much better than the original kit parts.

What a beautiful looking "Anton", very well done John! I enjoyed the W.I.P thread too!

Here's hoping they'll make one in 1/24 as well, because I sure would love to have one with that beautiful scheme. :)

Edited by Sparzanza

Hi

absolutely stunning !!!!! I stayed glued in front of my screen :::I am not a "Stuka fanatic" too , but this A version is very particular ....yours is a hit , thank you for sharing , it will be my reference work for my own

Alain