F4U-1A Corsair RNZAF- Finished and off the bench

BloorwestSiR

• 2 weeks later...

Great recovery on the spatter Carl - glad I wasn't a fly on the wall when that happened... I think I may have learned a whole new set of words that I could never repeat in polite company!

Torben

Isn't that the truth! I couldn't believe how much paint got everywhere. I found some more on one of the wings and touched that up.

Well, it turned out there really wasn't much left to do to finish the plane so I finally got down to it.

I added the headrest cushion, tail gear doors, pitot (which I promptly broke off) and the antennae.

DSC_0123-L.jpg

I painted the prop and added the requisite decals to it. Finally, I attached the mirrors to the canopy and I was done.

DSC_0124-L.jpg

I'll get the RFI shots done a bit later today hopefully. It's a PA day here so my boys are home from school along with it being Chinese New Year.

Carl

Here are the RFI pics. I finally used my new photo booth for these. No fancy camera, just my phone though.

DSC_0125-L.jpg

DSC_0126-L.jpg

DSC_0127-L.jpg

DSC_0128-L.jpg

DSC_0129-L.jpg

DSC_0130-L.jpg

DSC_0132-L.jpg

DSC_0133-L.jpg

DSC_0134-L.jpg

DSC_0138-L.jpg

I'm tempted to start another one but I think I'll get my F-4E finished first before I do.  Thanks to everyone for checking in and following along. 

Carl