Annual WNW Christmas kit speculation

LSP_K2

Guest Clunkmeister

Green and cream?  Ernie, you must not have witnessed some of the flame wars on WW1 dedicated sites regarding the "real" colors of PC10, PC12 and NIVO and whether the aircraft in question used which color(s).  Not to mention "battleship grey", "buff" and which blue, red and white are correct for which plane and time frame.  Granted they are no f'lying circus but there is plenty of variety to be found.  Just playing with you, my friend.  As for me if it's 1914-1918, it's good.

I know it Ron, that's why I send your name earlier :)

It must have been hard for British pilots to remember where they parked their plane. They all look the same.... "Get out of there! That's MINE!" Having to check tail numbers to see if they actually had the right plane and all must have really slowed down scramble time...

Sorta like the silver minivan at the mall syndrome. :rofl:

Now, lets get down to brass tacks (thar be a phrase from the 1930's you young'uns).
First of all, it  has been revealed by the workers at WNW in NZ that the boss determines which aircraft to model and he does it by his personal preferences. He dunt like the plane it dunt get produced.

So what we want don't mean ****. It is his company and he will produce what he wants and that's that. He da boss!

However that not stop us from dreaming, and asking, and whining.

Thus I would like to see a WNW 1/32 model of the

The Hansa-Brandenburg D.I was produced in limited numbers though it made several aces for Austria-Hungary during her tenure

hansa-brandenburg-di.jpg

Also

Any of the Aviatik two place aeroplanes: the B.1  C.1  D.1

Any of the Lohner two place aeroplanes

The Phonix C-1 or D-1

The Rumpler Taube (Etrich Taube)

There are a whole mess of French
Breguet Br.5
Caproni Ca.3
Caudron G.3
Caudron G.4
Farman MF.11 Shorthorn

Voisin Type 5

British:
Vickers FB.5 (Gunbus)
Vickers Vimy
Handley Page H.P. O/400

USA
Martin MB-1 / Glenn Martin Bomber

That's it. That's all. I feel that the kits that WNW presented to us on the past six years is like a shower of gold coins. Manna from Heaven.

Now, as to the question what do I think they will come oiut with this Xmas?

What, are you nuts? I'm not a mind reader!

Stephen

My ideal wishlist is quite short.  Three are pure wishing on my part, to whit:

Avro 504K

Sopwith Baby

Short 184.

The other has been promised, and I'll put it like this:

The post-war Brisfit

Is no misfit.

But what we still lack

Is the late Nine-Ack.

:please:

Like Anthony I'd love a Tiger Moth. I find it unbelievable that this iconic and important trainer hasn't been immortalised in 1/32 scale other than the ancient and flawed Matchbox/Revell offering of 40 years ago. If anybody could make a good job of one it's WnWs. I know it's not WW1 but it is a biplane. Please

Max

Was it HpH that had the Starstrutter underway?

Oh if only it were true!

I will be the first to buy one and even make it.

I'd love to see how they put the struts together.

However, I am in no particular hurry as I am still putting money aside for their Macchi M-5.

The plethora of 1/32 scale model kits today is overwhelming me. I still remember 20 years ago when the only new 1/32 scale kits were vacuforms by ID Models, Combat Models and by a few others. I bought plenty of those back then so I could build them when I retire. Well that did not happen as I planed so now I am selling them on eBay and am putting the money away to use for WW1 kits like HpH's and WNW's.

Funny how things work out in life. :wacko:

Stephen 

Which aircraft are we missing from WW1 then?

Well, if you are serious and you are writing this on a computer, then here are a couple sites to peruse:

The Entente ( the Allies) included the UK (including Canada), France, Russia, Italy, USA and Japan,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_I_Entente_aircraft

The Central Powers included Germany, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Turkey and Bulgaria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_I_Central_Powers_aircraft

Study these lists well. There will be an exam on Monday. :o

Stephen

Edited by ssculptor