Annual WNW Christmas kit speculation

LSP_K2

Oh yes.

(Actually, I'd just prefer the Dr.I,... Camels are kind of boring.)

What? you don't like green on green?  I recall one that had a great scheme, I think it was green?  LOL

Actually there are a lot of pretty cools schemes for that bird.  Take a look

What? you don't like green on green?  I recall one that had a great scheme, I think it was green?  LOL

Actually there are a lot of pretty cools schemes for that bird.  Take a look

At the begining, i really dislike british schemes which i think were boring as hell, and i was only interested in german airplanes because of the great choice of colorful camos.

Today, it is just the opposite. British camo variations are infinite, and their airplanes are damn beautiful. The Brisfit is just a work of art.

Edited by Zero77

Guest Smitty44

Dr.1 or F.1 as I think the news of the Camel coming about so early when they are all about suprises is a diversionary tactic!!

Edited by Smitty44

As much as I would like it to be an X-wing from Star Wars, I'm fairly certain that licensing issues would prevent that. So, the only other obvious choice is a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am.

John

I'd be up for that as long as it has the flaming chicken on the hood :)

Carl

Guest Clunkmeister

That's why I like German airplanes. They're simple. The Brisfit IS an absolute work of art, yes, but it's green and cream.. snooze. I'll build one Green Brisfit, one green Ninak, one Green Se.5, one green Re.8, one green pup, Camel, and anything else.

A multitude of German machines, and a passel of postwar Brit stuff; THEY are seriously cool.

Given past history of interesting and neglected two seater and large aircraft, we might hold out some hope for these:

Breguet XIV

Caudron III or IV

(not expecting a Caproni triplane, but that is pretty cool)

Ilya Murometz or Sikorski LeGrand (for something "completely different")

I'd like some Austro-Hungarian planes such as:

Hansa Brandenberg Starstrutter

Phonix D series fighters (and a D.III in Swedish colors)

Aviatic D Berg (except that it sounds too much like Aviattic to not see one from them first)

Albatros D.III (Austrian version plus the others)

even a Lloyd C.V with that wooden wing

However, we haven't seen much in the way of French planes from WNW, so a SPAD XIII and the Austro-Hungarian types would be an unexpected surprise. If they could go there (French) then a Nieuport fighter series would be amazing. The SPAD and Nieuports out there are fixable, but like the Camel, they could be so much better from WNW.

I really don't care what they build, I will want one or more, but what will my wallet and SWMBO tolerate?

Tnarg

By the way, if Green British Machines bore you, have a look at the training squadrons. A Red, White and Blue Camel or one with playing cards on the wings, Cleopatra and a snake on the side of a Camel, Black and white splinter camouflage (or anti-camouflage) or a fish on a Bristol Fighter, checks or the all red one or multicolor camouflage on SE5a's . The list does go on and on. Russian planes are pretty colorful also; check out the multiple art covered planes in the "Coloring Russian Aviation" series. They are not quite as colorful as the 1930's and present day racing planes, but they are pretty nice to look at.

Tnarg

The Brisfit IS an absolute work of art, yes, but it's green and cream.. snooze. I'll build one Green Brisfit, one green Ninak, one Green Se.5, one green Re.8, one green pup, Camel, and anything else.

Green and cream?  Ernie, you must not have witnessed some of the flame wars on WW1 dedicated sites regarding the "real" colors of PC10, PC12 and NIVO and whether the aircraft in question used which color(s).  Not to mention "battleship grey", "buff" and which blue, red and white are correct for which plane and time frame.  Granted they are no f'lying circus but there is plenty of variety to be found.  Just playing with you, my friend.  As for me if it's 1914-1918, it's good.

That's why I like German airplanes. They're simple. The Brisfit IS an absolute work of art, yes, but it's green and cream.. snooze. I'll build one Green Brisfit, one green Ninak, one Green Se.5, one green Re.8, one green pup, Camel, and anything else.

A multitude of German machines, and a passel of postwar Brit stuff; THEY are seriously cool.

There are not 2 identical PC10  You can go from green to chocolate without being wrong. And you can really have fun with the weathering, while it is rather difficult with intricate german camos.

And there are also the late/postwar silver grey, and the brownish postwar color.

Couldn't agree more! Those Germans sure knew how to paint their aeroplanes. The British obsession with green may have been good tactics, but it makes very dull models. My favourite Brit planes are the DH2 & Fee, as they are all rigging & bamboo, with small fuselage and hence the minimum of green.

Or you could opt for a night fighter & go all black, as in the late FE.2b kit.

But compared to the crazy paint schemes & wonderful markings, it's all just a bit on the dull side.

Although this has not stopped me buying the odd British WNW subject. I see it as a patriotic necessity - stiff upper lip, God save the Queen & cricket.