LSP Kit Database needs your help!

LSP_Kevin

Okay Kev.

Sent you two new e-mails. "Boxart I", and "Boxart II".

These contain pics that are not yet on the list.

PCM Reggiani Sagittario.

PCM Fiat G 55.

Planet Models Heinkel 176 V-1

Special hobby Mohawk Mk IV.

HTH

MBB

Thanks MBB. Part 1 received...

Kev

Kudos for the immense amount of work already put in - it looks great! I'd like to help out but my e-mail program doesn't handle attachments too well. I have uploaded some boxart here:

box art

The photos are named with manufacturer_kit number_aircraft style.

There are two Hasegawa Sabre issues in Blue Impulse colors that are not yet in the database (I think). As far as I know, they were only issued in Japan. My TAC Scale Dynamics L-39 came in a plain white box with no kit number (and Replicast labeled on the instructions), so I didn't bother to photograph it. If you can, let me know when you have downloaded the photos and I can replace them with others.

Gary :goodjob:

Hi Gary,

Your images are online now!

For those of you still interested in contributing box art, it might be worth checking the database first, so you don't waste your time sending duplicates. You're free to do so however, if you think your image is of better quality, or is represents some variation that we don't yet have.

Kev

I noticed some engines in the list. Do you want photos of engines alone? I could add a few Vector ones and the Williams 1/8 Wright J-5 engine ...

Hubert.

Well spotted Hubert. The plan at this stage is to remove from the database anything that constitutes an enhancement or conversion set for another kit. Any engine kit in the database that is in fact the intended final product, and therefore a complete kit itself, will stay. So, photos of those are fine! We've got one in already. The same goes for those old 1/16 cockpit kits (Esci?).

Kev

I thought they were Italeri?

I think that's where a lot of the old ESCI moulds ended up Keith, but I can't say for sure who did them from memory (or if there was even more than just the F-16 cockpit). I'm sure it/they are in the database!

Kev

I think that's where a lot of the old ESCI moulds ended up Keith, but I can't say for sure who did them from memory (or if there was even more than just the F-16 cockpit). I'm sure it/they are in the database!

Kev

Ahh... just did a quick Google. Looks like it was both Esci and Italeri. The other 1/12-scale cockpit was the 104 Starfighter.

Esci designed and released them first.

Moulds then sold to Ertl.

Then AMT. (the F-16 release is in the database)

Then a diecast model car company.

And then, in 2000, sold to Italeri who started releasing them in 2001.

Shall I add them to the database?

Interesting read in the Esci History page: "But, if one doubts just how cutting edge the ESCI offerings were, across the board, keep in mind the fact that they continue to appear a quarter century after the companies demise. Everyone from Italeri to Humbrol, from Tamiya to Revell has had at least one of the old ESCI moldings in their boxes."

Shall I add them to the database?

If you've got all the necessary info Keith, go for it. To some extent they're pushing the boundaries of what we'd define as appropriate content for the database, but I think they fall just inside those parameters - just like the engine kits. Large scale kits of aircraft parts. Should we add the recently-released resin Luftwaffe 1:1 gunsight and control column kits too?

Kev

Added in.

If you've got all the necessary info Keith, go for it. To some extent they're pushing the boundaries of what we'd define as appropriate content for the database, but I think they fall just inside those parameters - just like the engine kits. Large scale kits of aircraft parts. Should we add the recently-released resin Luftwaffe 1:1 gunsight and control column kits too?

Kev

My sentiments exactly, they're not planes.