Westland Wyvern

Nic C.D.

• 2 years later...

Hi Alain,

I did a little more work on the Wyvern, but when it was announced - I believe by HPH Models - that they are working to release a 1/32 scale kit of the aircraft in resin or injection, I lost a little motivation... I'm not sure where they are with the development with the kit though, so I might pick up the kit again. 

If you are tempted by the Tigger kit: go for it! The basic forms are pretty good and the plastic is thick, which is really comfortable to work with. I've got other vacuformed kits with very thin plastic and those are a pain. The plastic is sometimes so thin that you go right through it when you try to engrave it... The Tigger kit is a good one! I also have the Sea Vixen, not an easy one, but like the Wyvern: a good basis!

Nic

hi Nic

thank you for your reply !!!! As you said , HpH , or Infinity planed to produce the Wivern in resin or injected plastic , there was a discussion about this  3 years ago now .... wait and see  !!! ?? :hmmm: , in fact , I am tempted by the Wivern ( for years now ) , but the vacu kit tempts me too , I never had this experience , so it's time to cope with it , and too bad if the build goes wrong , I would  have learned  something ;).........................let's go !!

Alain