B-25 J glassnost nose

Guest Martinnfb

Sorry 1941 :)

The United States Army Air Corps (USAAC) was the aerial warfare service of the United States of America between 1926 and 1941. After World War I, as early aviation became an increasingly important part of modern warfare, a philosophical rift developed between more traditional ground-based army personnel and those who felt that aircraft were being underutilized and that air operations were being stifled for political reasons unrelated to their effectiveness. The USAAC was renamed from the earlier United States Army Air Service on 2 July 1926, and was part of the larger United States Army. The Air Corps became the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) on 20 June 1941, giving it greater autonomy from the Army's middle-level command structure. During World War II, although not an administrative echelon, the Air Corps (AC) remained as one of the combat arms of the Army until 1947, when it was legally abolished by legislation establishing the Department of the Air Force.[1]

Source

Guest Clunkmeister

I like the dinghy. Here's the Marine version flotation device for the PBJ. I'm surprised there not the same,

image-M.jpg

You guys are cracking me up :),

Thank you so much for your elaborate input regarding the floatation devices used by different branches of US Forces. I do appreciate the deep insight of you knowledge and painstaking research that you're willing to share in order to make my build even better and more real that the real thing.

Thanks Wolf, no worries , there are so many phenomenal builds gong in parallel with this oddball slap job, that I thing you didn't miss much :)

Not sure, whom much I should invest into the waist gun section, Can't go Full Brian, because my skill level doesn't aloud it,    but I can try to get close :)

ok, now for something completely different S550 on the road course 

• 3 weeks later...

It has been busy two weeks and I opted to relax by clay-baring my car rather then piecing together internal structure of this beast. However , last week I received a goodie box from Ernie and it was filled with aftermarket for Mitchell, I mean filled, everything , props, engine covers, seat belts, all metal imaginable. So I decided to dedicate this build to Ernie. I do not collect models, simply the fun- value is in the process of building it. But I know that Ernie's house is big enough to take one more orphan kit :).

I am not sure how to ship it to Texas, but there must be some way.

Here is a quick cell-phone shot of few hours over the Eduard nose-set. Pretty impressive what are comrades at Eduard able to develop on a simple sheet of photo-etch.

Thank You Ernie!

nPw2PR3.jpg