Tamiya 1/48 F-14A: 6/17/18: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Very nice early A bird build. I was just poking through an F-14 book, Tomcats Forever by David Brown, and is the 105 bird, the caption noted the black radome was unusual, and you really captured the paint scheme. Very nicely done kit. 

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Andy, Much appreciated.

I'm still coming to terms with the fact the Navy retired them and the only one I see is the Big Cat on display at the Grumman memorial Park

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Very much appreciated the kind words on my Tomcat build. For me it was a much needed mojo finder and she turned into a wonderful project.

Right now it's back to 32nd scale and I'm beginning another Fisher Sea Fury with the Wings folded, with Korean War colors and markings. I'm sure I'll be tackling tamiya's F-14D Super Tomcat this fall and of course, it we ever can persuade Papa Tamiya to can their 20 plus year old 32nd scale kit and just scale up their 48th scale kit, I'll be building them all winter.

Can only hope

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Milan, very much appreciated.

I've never been a weathering guy beyond exhaust and gun streaks and just appreciate looking at my models in the display case as a mini museum, where the curator keeps the exhibits looking their best

Peter

Guest Peterpools

JGT

Much appreciated. I strictly followed Furball's painting instructions with Mr Color paints.

Right with you as the scheme is an eye catcher for sure.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Gaz, very much appreciated

Painting has always been my favorite part of any build and the Tomcat is a great palet to work with

Peter