B-17G Tanker E15 Butler Aviation Co. N5237V.

Radders

Thanks all for the replies, I've been away all week and my minds been drifiting at other B-17's, (fire bombers still) so the Bat Plane isn't final, but will have a good think as the build progresses.. I've plenty to get on with before I can make up my mind. 

I have done some work on it while I've been away, I just haven't had time to get any decent photos which I shall hopefully tonight.

Thanks for looking in! 

• 3 months later...

So, working out what I needed to do to make the Bat Plane, I've just gone and bought a E/F kit to go along side the G so I can have two built up... but the G is also being built as a fire bomber just another smart scheme. Less work needed to do, but still need to get rid of the turret points etc... it's on the bench, just... such a big kit! 

I'm not painting anything inside that won't be seen as it's just a waste of my time, so I will only be doing the cockpit and nose sections....

44121648_969230629929240_427643058651765

• 2 months later...

I built  the hk.models b17 g as a  Kenting air services plane 1960's area. A lot of mods but it was fun as I had the proper information for it. Taking off the nose chin gun was easy but getting sheet plastic to conform to the nose was a hassle. I entered in a model contest here in Edmonton one year and it was stolen later so somebody took notice. I will never build another but I might buy the b17f.

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Radders said:

@LSP_Kevin Any chance of this being moved back into the main Work In Progress... it's never going to be done for this GB, but I do have an update to do! It's come on quite a bit.... :)

We can definitely do that, but you do have till January of 2020 hits to get done.............If that still is not enough time, we can move it over if you like.