1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 Kanonenvogel Conversion......Finally

Scott Negron

I forgot to include the pictures of the decals, but they are included. I shipped 6 of them today and should send out another 4-6 tomorrow and every day after that until they are all sold. I think there are 10 still left for sale., so hurry if you want one.Thanks aga

in, guys -- especially you, kev :-)

Joe

Guest Vulcan32

Hello Joe,

Finally I have to say that you have all my respect for doing this conversion just in a few days.

I´ve sent you an email.

Cheers, Heinz

Hello Joe,

Finally I have to say that you have all my respect for doing this conversion just in a few days.

I´ve sent you an email.

Cheers, Heinz

Thanks, Heinz,

But it was mostly Scott's doing. Admittedly, what I am making now is a bit of a project by committee, but Scott had already delivered a mostly complete conversion that got buggered up AFTER it left his hands. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to help straighten things out a bit.

Now I'm thinking I might actually want to build one of these, myself ;-)

Joe

Thanks for letting me know the conversions are getting to you guys. I just need to apologize for the delay in getting the instructions posted on the blog page. I didn't get the books I ordered until Christmas Eve. I'll try to get the pictures and diagrams posted tomorrow, Dec 26.

Joe

Hello Joe,

it´s a German production, not an Austrian, Mr. Schatton is from Bavaria.

Cheers, Heinz

My bad. I was told he was in Austria. Sorry.

Either way, I hold him no ill will and mean no harm to Mr. Schatton or anyone else. I'm just trying to make resin for other modelers and -- otherwise -- keep to my own little hole in this world :-)

Joe

Edited by Black3Actual

Hi Joe,

Received mine today. Very fast shipping and Well cast!

I have a Schatton 1/48 Bk5(MK214) and many barrels from him in 1/35, but few years ago met similar communication problems like others when tried to buy some 1/32 barrels. I still have some credit there but I don't care now. Because IMO his old products cannot meet today's standard. So I'm little worried abot the resin barrel if it was referred to Schatton's. I have a 1/48 Master model BK5, the arrangement of holes on flame suppressor were totally different. It is not difficult to correct but did someone notice that?

Cheers,

Kwen.

3wWPV.jpg

Edited by Kwen

Hi Joe,

Received mine today. Very fast shipping and Well cast!

I have a Schatton 1/48 Bk5(MK214) and many barrels from him in 1/35, but few years ago met similar communication problems like others when tried to buy some 1/32 barrels. I still have some credit there but I don't care now. Because IMO his old products cannot meet today's standard. So I'm little worried abot the resin barrel if it was referred to Schatton's. I have a 1/48 Master model BK5, the arrangement of holes on flame suppressor were totally different. It is not difficult to correct but did someone notice that?

Cheers,

Kwen.

3wWPV.jpg

Kwen,

I'm sorry, but no, I didn't notice. I am pleading ignorance of the details of this particular variant. I'd also defend Scott as I know he gave this picture and some others to the person who made the turned barrels and, from that point, was at the mercy of the person who made them. I do not know who it was so I am NOT interested in pointing fingers or laying blame. Honestly, I hope to avoid that as much as possible this time around. All I know is that the resin barrel is a copy of the metal barrel that I modified to make it a 2-pc casting.

IF, IF, IF I keep this piece in my new product line, it will come back to Scott and I and we will re-work the entire thing. This would include the barrel (which we would then make available as a separate item). HOWEVER, and I am being honest, so I do not mind mentioning the "what ifs," at this time, I have NO plans to keep this conversion in production. Turned metal is expensive, and I do not like having to rely on other vendors. So, maybe, IF I ever acquire my own CNC machine AND I learn how to work it, maybe then this conversion would return -- but I doubt you'll see it any time soon after this unless I win the lotto or something :-)

Cheers, and thanks for the kind words about the casting,

Joe

BTW: I am working on building up some castings to post on the instruction sheet blog page. I "hope" to have that posted by Sunday, Dec 30.

Joe,

I totally appreciated you and Scott to make this coversion kit to come true. Forgive my bad English expession. Just want to remind others who want to build a 1/32 Me262 A-1/U4. There maybe some issue with the only gun barrel(shape?) choice we have now, but those are not very difficult to correct if the barrel was made by resin.

Have to say again you did a very good job with the casting!

Cheers,

Kwen.

Hi Kwen:) Thanks for the kind comments. I'm getting anxious to see one of these built up!

As far as the barrel, Schatton simply scaled-up his 1/48 barrel. It seems to be very close but not 100% in profile. I have Arthur Bentley drawings of it that didn't make it into the 4-volume 262 books, which we can use if we have turned barrels made. Also, the 2 patterns of holes should be at a 45-degree angle, and not positioned vertically or horizontally based on period pictures. Facing the nose they would be at 10.5 and 4.5 "o'clock" positions. That may throw some off looking at top and side view drawings.

Have you started yours yet:)?

Happy Holidays,

Scott