Airfix 109E-7 1:24 Scale

sluggo

Very interesting Randy I started to to an E 7 myself about 4 years ago I went along a pretty detailed path but somehow lost interest when I had trouble getting the cowl on, as I saw your build I pulled it out of the box did some dry fitting and sanding I think I solved my 4 year old problem. It's really funny when you see something like your build and it gets you on track again.

Thanks mate really looking forward to more you are off to a great start.

Guy

Randy,

Just read through your build todate and I'm more then impressed with your wheel well detailing. Looking forward to your magic as you make progress in your build.

Joel 

Thanks guys!

This is most definitely not one that just falls together. The next victim will be for sure.

I come home at lunch and sanded the repair I did to replace the raised detail lost on the slats during the gun fitting fiasco. I finished one side and was pretty happy with it.

wing002.png

Then on my way back to the grind, I stopped at the mailbox and found a pleasant surprise in there.

Bill (williamj) bestowed upon me this assortment of goodies that survived some sort of run-in with a tiny human.

A much appreciated act indeed. (thanks Bill!)

If you have not had the pleasure of seeing Bill's work in person, I can assure you it's outstanding. Looking at these bits and pieces, I can only imagine how fabulous the bird was in it's glory days.

I guess I better not let him down. Looks like the previous slat work is about to be superseded.

parts001.png

Edited by sluggo

Randy,

The machine gun  fix looks perfect. You're one lucky fellow to have such high quality pre-painted parts sent to you. All I ever get in the mail is bills, bills, and more bills.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Well, so much for not doing all that extra work on this one.

Since Bill offered up his scratch built slats it'd be a crime not to make use of them. So off we go!

Knocked one side out over the last two evenings.

slat001.jpg

slat002.jpg

It's pretty much a given that the flaps have to drop now so that'll be next.

Also modded the kit spinner to resemble an E-7 spinner. This was accomplished by plast-i-welding strips of styrene to the nose of the spinner in laminate fashion, cutting them down to size , then filing and sanding to the final shape.

It looks like it needs filler but I can't feel any irregularities. I'll prime it first to see what it looks like.

prop001.jpg

That's it for now. Off to start hacking the flaps off this "OOB" build.

Progress has been a bit light of late.

Seems some spell has come over me that has sidelined my no detail/OOB claim. I suspect the spell originated on the west coast of Canada.

This is all I managed to accomplish this evening.

throt.jpg

I have been working on some other cockpit parts but none are presentable as of yet.