2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

4 minutes ago, harvey said:

Dumb question....Do Bev and I need to register to attend convention ?.........Harv

Not dumb Harv. I really wasnt planning on registering for the event until after I landed, but it seems IPMS really need to have you registered for the event prior to attending, as Jim Pearsall from Contest registration informed me, IPMS could not process any lectures, tours, or reservations and you cannot  participate in anything Nationals related until you have registered for the convention.  

HTH

37 minutes ago, harvey said:

Do I need to register Bev also ?....Harv

I asked that very question (about significant others registering)  to Jim of IPMS Contest Registration group. I will have an answer shortly I hope.................

Forgive me, but I still don't get the whole registration thing. If I'm NOT currently an IPMS member, and I am NOT bringing anything to enter in the contest, but I AM going on a tour, do I need to register? I see there are fees for registering, but earlier in the thread we established that there is a fee to get in the door as well (I think it was 10 per day, or 25 for the whole show). If I'm paying the entrance fee at the door, why pay to register, too? Is that just if you plan to go to seminars? I paid for the ticket to the Pima tour already, so I assume that's covered separate from registration? I'm still very confused.

On another note, are any of you planning to go to any seminars?

Edited by BiggTim

Tim, I just went through all this. YES you need to be a member, and YES you need to register. You need these to go on the sponsored tour and have access to show and venders.You can go to the IPMS web site to do both......Harv

I see. So the registration fee is for joining IPMS, correct? Or in my case, making my membership current? Any idea how I would find out what my old number was?

Also, if I register, is there still a fee to get in the door?

Edited by BiggTim

6 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

I see. So the registration fee is for joining IPMS, correct? Or in my case, making my membership current? Any idea how I would find out what my old number was?

The "registration fee" is for registering for the convention itself, for all days concerned, and (AFAICT) does in fact cover your entrance fee for the contest, but but NOT for joining the IPMS itself

6 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

Also, if I register, is there still a fee to get in the door?

Yes, as far as Im aware, when you register for the convention itself, that covers you for all days concerned getting in the door. 

1 hour ago, harvey said:

Do I need to register Bev also ?....Harv

Harv,

I just heard back from Jim. He indicated that we should send them your spouse info, and he could get them a "guest pass":

"Send me her name.  

She gets a guest badge.  

It gives her complete access to the convention, everything except she can't enter the contest.

BTW, we have a hospitality suite for spouses"

Here is Jim's info Harv, go ahead and send him a note w/Bevs info and he should be able to get you squared away:

Jim Pearsall
registrar@ipmsusanationals2018.org

Man, the bill for this shindig is really piling up! Between, renewal, registration, and the PIMA tour, I just dropped 125 bucks in the last 24 hours, and that's on top of airfare, hotel, cabs, t-shirts, and food. Not to mention the stuff I will probably buy while I'm there!! Ouch!! You guys better not suck..... :)

5 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Harv,

I just heard back from Jim. He indicated that we should send them your spouse info, and he could get them a "guest pass":

"Send me her name.  

She gets a guest badge.  

It gives her complete access to the convention, everything except she can't enter the contest.

BTW, we have a hospitality suite for spouses"

Here is Jim's info Harv, go ahead and send him a note w/Bevs info and he should be able to get you squared away:

Jim Pearsall
registrar@ipmsusanationals2018.org

I am an IPMS Canada Member,want to enter 1 model, My wife will becoming along as well ..What is required for the 4 days??  

Thanks.Bill.

1 minute ago, williamj said:

I am an IPMS Canada Member,want to enter 1 model, My wife will becoming along as well ..What is required for the 4 days??  

Thanks.Bill.

With the IPMS Canada thing, Im not 100% that would be handled differently or not. I would assume it would probably be, but I might shoot Jim an e-mail, and he would likely be able to confirm for you Bill.