2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

Guest Smitty44

I'm considering going, but I'm having a hard time with the "Phoenix in July" part of it. If I did go, I'd likely not bring anything but myself, and maybe my wife....

ya Tim, the convention hotel has like six restaurants, bars, and the like.i think there is actually a panoramic deck on top! If you dont want to be out in the heat much your good to go. I actually tested sprues from four different manufacturers here in Redding on a 117 degree day here and there was no damage. I can't tell you how much fun we had in Omaha.

They do have air conditioning there !.........Harv

Yes, but part of the fun of visiting is seeing the sights in the area, and I hate the heat. Ironic, considering the summers here are 90+, with some triple digits, and I'm a part-time wildland firefighter. I do sort of adjust by the end of summer, but it still sucks.

I'd love to come, though, so we'll see how the budget looks.

Tim

For anyone traveling west highway 40 to 17 south, a visit to the great meteor crater (west of Winslow off of 40), is really is a site well worth visiting. The view from the deck of the visitor center is just mesmerizing, especially given the overall flatness of the surrounding terrain.