1/32 Gloster Gladiator MkI MkII and Hawker Hart

Silver Wings

........... the question is how many fans of floatplane version of the Cr.42 exist :)

Personally, if there is not to be any 32nd "walri" in the future, then as far as the CR 42 goes, I myself would be much more likely to by the float-plane version of the Fiat as apposed to the geared version.

Cheers,

Brian

Personally, if there is not to be any 32nd "walri" in the future, then as far as the CR 42 goes, I myself would be much more likely to by the float-plane version of the Fiat as apposed to the geared version.

Personally it's more likely I'd buy 5 normal cr.42 than one float-plane...

Another neglected floating biplane is the Heinkel He 114...

Anders

Personally it's more likely I'd buy 5 normal cr.42 than one float-plane...

Another neglected floating biplane is the Heinkel He 114...

Anders

lol. thought it would have been the opposite with you and floatplanes Anders......

Brian

@ ssculptor - okay, it's possible to put the floatplane version and "normal" version into one box but this would make it more expensive.. the question is how many fans of floatplane version of the Cr.42 exist :)

If they only made two and they didn't see service, I doubt I would get one. IF you got enough interest for the floatplane version, it sounds to me it would be a matter of casting a few floatplane features in resin, print up some stickers to put on the regular boxes and release it as a "special limited edition" rather than driving up costs of the wheeled version. I bet there are only a dozen or two that would buy them. It's not like it was a Luft '46 aircraft... :DodgeBall:

On the other hand, I would definitely buy a Walrus and/or a Grumman Duck! Those two might be better served in resin, though. I like the idea of the PZL also!

Thanks Ray :) Yep, probably another group buy..

@ ssculptor - okay, it's possible to put the floatplane version and "normal" version into one box but this would make it more expensive.. the question is how many fans of floatplane version of the Cr.42 exist :)

Look, I know that it would not be worth your time, effort or even the cost of the mold material to make the floats for the ICR-42. It would be a bad investment on your part. But I had to ask. If I want the float version I'll make my own floats. No big deal. The floats also might be an aftermarket item brought out by a guy making them in his garage.

Really, I'll be most grateful if you brought out the CR-42 in 1/32 scale styrene plastic or in resin. Either way I'll buy one.

Cheers,

Stephen

How about producing a 1/32 PZL P.11c kit on floats?

I know it never existed, but if you made one I could sell the floats to the guys who wanted ones for their CR-42s. Then I could just put regular landing gear on the P.11c. :wicked:

That would make me happy anyway.

I guess a Karas would be asking too much...

Cheers,

Richard

This is certainly great news to me! I think I will treat myself to one for surviving the earthquake.....well, that can be my excuse.

Is there much to convert it into an RNZAF Hind.....or should I wait???

Forget the Walrus......a Vincent or Vildebeest would be fantastic! I can help with refs if needed.

Thanks again

Anthony

Getting back to the original topic, both these new releases from Silver Wings look great. I already have a Silver Wings Sea Gladiator on its way to me, but I would probably be interested in participating in a group buy for either or both the Gladiator Mk. I/II and the Hart. Of course, the wife must be first consulted.

Bill M.

Hi Wojtek

I have one of your Silver Wings kits (He 51) and the Montex Hs 123.

I think that if you can bring the price down to around Wingnuts average and get their sort of quality of injection molded kits. You'll be onto a winner with almost anything you released.

Setting a time frame of 'between the wars' and making it your own would also be a wise move (IMHO).

Inter war British types will sell well, Siskin, Bulldog, Hind, Fairy Seafox (that's got floats), Flycatcher...etc... I'd go for these. With Wingnuts cornering WWI, and WWII and beyond well catered for by other manufacturers, this could be a gold mine of subjects.

Matt

Edited by mattlow