Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

Guest Peterpools

Looking forward to the F5 and hopefully the AM guys will be in seventh heaven.

Right with Tony, as there was no listing from Tan Models?

Peter

Tom Cooper digs thankfully through the known and unknown wars in that part of the world. His book "Wings over Ogaden", number 18 of the Africa@war series, is an interesting read. I guess there is no other book telling the history of an air forces that mentions the beginning of the Homo sapiens...

Well, the EtAF mustered both F-5A and F-5Es and utilized both in aerial combat, but the E was wired for the Sidewinder, the A not. Not to forget that the A was developed for close air support as main task, while the E was focused on air-to-air combat and a better dogfighter in all aspects. So the major part of airial combat was given to the Es and they scored well...

Regards

- dutik

Thanks for the info! I'll have to see if I can track down a copy of Coopers "Ogaden" book. I have several of his African MiGs, and Iran/Iraq War books, and they're always good reads. Best regards, Fred.

Black Box/Avionix, did a killer F-5E 'pit a few years back. I sold mine (I think), but it was really sweet.

It is a nice set, and fits well, but from my experience, the canopy raising arms are a bit too big, and put the canopy at an odd position (way to high) when raised. The rest of the set is really nice though. Fred K.

I  WANT A "F-5A" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Announced by Tan Models Of Turkey At 1/32 Scale :

- Ref 3301 : F-5A/NF-5A/CF-116 Freedom Fighter

- Ref 3302 : F-5B/NF-5B/CF-116D Freedom Fighter

- Ref 3303 : T-38A/T-38M Talon

Ref 3301 will include the Recon Nose as an option.

Lets wait ( not too long please ) and see !

:frantic:

SharkOwl

Lovely news......

I wonder what decals will be in the box and will it have options for the older or newer sharknose.......

A f-5f will be so so welcome......hope they are doing the same as Afv did in 1/48

Still got at least 2 hasegawa ones .....but I'll get at least one kittyhawk one

Rgds

Lovely news......

I wonder what decals will be in the box and will it have options for the older or newer sharknose.......

A f-5f will be so so welcome......hope they are doing the same as Afv did in 1/48

Still got at least 2 hasegawa ones .....but I'll get at least one kittyhawk one

Rgds

Agreed! If Kittyhawk does as good of a job on their 32nd scale F-5E/F as AFV did with their 48th scale offering, there will be many, many very happy F-5 fans out there. Myself included :m0152:   Fred K.

And I would hope they would include all of the (not that numerous) alternative parts to allow you to build any F-5E from what's in the box. Trying to figure out what kit has what parts in it in the AFV kits is a pain in the patootie.

Yup, that would be nice! Although I think that most of the later AFV releases have that option, with maybe the exception of the extended vertical tail on some export birds.

• 4 weeks later...

The previously announced Kitty Hawk 1/32 Scale F-5E Tiger II is NO LONGER on the most recent update of Michael Benolkin

CyberModeller's "new kits release" listing. Too Bad !

But the Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000-5F is in !

The KH Tiger II announcement was certainly a diversion "fake news" to confuse competitors about the Mirage 2000-5F.

I do not like these tactics at all and it gaves low credibility to KH. ( blood on the page)

My note about this situation is a "D Minus". KH do not pass this specific mission.

:fight:

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

The previously announced Kitty Hawk 1/32 Scale F-5E Tiger II is NO LONGER on the most recent update of Michael Benolkin

CyberModeller's "new kits release" listing. Too Bad !

But the Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000-5F is in !

The KH Tiger II announcement was certainly a diversion "fake news" to confuse competitors about the Mirage 2000-5F.

I do not like these tactics at all and it gaves low credibility to KH. ( blood on the page)

My note about this situation is a "D Minus". KH do not pass this specific mission.

:fight:

SharkOwl

I know as a matter of fact Glen does not have the final say so on what gets produced, although he does have input. 

Knowing Glen, this was not "fake news" more like the market and/or KH head brass changing their minds on what might or might not sell well. 

Well I sure hope that they're still planning on doing a 32nd scale F-5E/F! No suprise that it won't be out in March (I assume), but I sure as heck hope that they haven't bagged it, or it was just bs to begin with. As for the Mirage 2000, I could care less, though I'm sure that it will make some folks happy ;0) Fred K.