Vietnam aera F-4E Phantom, Revell

thanx texas, i cant wait IF it turns into something

in the meanwhile i have managed to paint the inside of the exhaust tubes (big deal) and cut some masks for the yellow warning stripes on the bombs, but there´s not much to show

Wheeeeew! Nice project Karl! Bet you're glad to get back into jets?! :P Always wanted to do a Phantom with as many 500 pound bombs as could be slung under it. Hmmmmm, with multiple ejector racks outboard and under the centerline, and with TER's on the inner pylons that'd be what? 24?! :hmmm: That's a lot of yellow lines.....uhmmm, maybe later. :shrug:

OMG,.....I want 24 red bombs! :notworking: There's not a yellow stripe in sight,.....hmmmm may have to acquire another Phantom kit methinks? :shrug: Yup, think I saw a pic of a Marine F-4 operating out of Da Nang doing short hops 'in-country' around the airbase against viet cong with 'only' 22-500 pdrs. Couldn't fit the other 2 because of interference with the main landing gear, or sumthin like that. Sure wouldn't have much range or maneuverability.....but what a cool load-out. Great pic Phil! :whistle:

Sorry for the interruption Karl; We'll let you get back to building your model now. :hi:

had a bad accident with tamiya smoke :whistle: (spilt most of it over me, the bench and the floor - more like "clean the bench" than "clear the bench")

used it directly from the stains to wash the exhaust

should be watersoluble :notworking: , but i had a hard time getting it off of my hands

post-2020-1268991033.jpg

progress was nil the last few days due to work and me not wanting to spray enamel paint (odors - didnt want to buy acrylics in green/yellow just for the few drops i needed)

but at last i did

i sprayed some green into the CAM pipes to get the distinctive tint the phantom has in there

post-2020-1269602525.jpg

no, these are from the revell F-15E kit, ther snakeeyes have the trumpy A-7 fins fitted (the body of the trumpy bombs is abysmal)

the kit is actually the F4F (german airforce) kit that only comes with amraams IIRC

when i began this build i never thought about using aftermarket exhausts. i am pretty sure i would also have not noticed they wont fit without cutting plastic inside the fuselage. its not completely clear to me what these tabs inside are for, they run back all the way along the missile recesses on the bottom and prvent the CAM pipes from being inserted properly

surgery time. it wasnt easy, but ugly how i got these out. first i made a cut through the rear sparrow-fin slot, then pliers and fancy language. this would have been work of a few seconds before the assembly of the main parts

sorry for the bad pics

post-2020-1269627994.jpg