Ki-100

Loic

Hello guys!

well, it's been quite a while since I did post here... I have actually been away for a few days + I spent all my modelling time trying to find intel / understand the rather complex nose shape of this Ki-100 thingy :rolleyes:

I know think I have had enought searching and it is time to start building!

First thing will be to build a skeleton of the nose structure as well as masters for thermo shaping the cowling parts... These are quite "complex" so let's wait and see what I manage to do.

Be back soon hopefully!

Cheers,

Loic

Hi guys,

been working on the cowling masters today and putty is curing as we speak so I hope to be able to share some pics tomorrow.

This said, I just wanted to share a great link I found on Japanese aircraft weapons as i thought someone could possibly be interested: http://gunsight.jp/c/index.htm

Cheers,

loic

Hey!

dear mods :lol:

if it ever happens that you read these words, I would like you to know that I had an idea today...

This only happen once every 6 month or so I should not bother you too often :lol:

After posting the internet link above, it has crossed my mind that it might be cool to have within the GB a specific pinned thread where everybody can post nad share some intel wether it is internet link, drawings, color charts, book references or whatever is related to the topic of the GB.

The reason why people (ok, this is me at least...) likes the GB is because we can share some experiences and informations on a comon subject. When someone needs some info, rather than having to go through all the threads in order to eventually find the intel he is looking for, he just go to the "intel thread" (if this is what we call it) and has every possible info in one single location.

In order to make it user friendly, we could decide on a "format" with say a summary of content as a first sentence ie "Japanese aircarft guns of WWII" if I consider my link above and then the link. We can eventually complete it whenever some more info are available.

Eventual request for some info would have to be made within everybodies thread so the "intel thread" is not jamed with dozen of requests....

I don't know if this would be doable but I thought I would propose it :huh:

Have to go to the dental surgeron now :lol: but I will be back soon with some Ki-100 cowling info (masters done).

Cheers,

Loic

Hi all!

I am back from the dental surgeron: everything is OK :lol: (relief!!)

Perry,

thanks for the kind words.

I did not tried to fire this engine up yet as it has no exaust.... :lol:

Well, back to busyness... here is a pic of the cowl masters, one for the front part and one for the side panels.

I decided to work those panels by "quarters" as I do not think it would be possible to have the right shape with halves, not even talking about all in one go...

More to come later.

Cheers,

loic

post-3547-1238153476.jpg

Hey!

dear mods :lol:

if it ever happens that you read these words, I would like you to know that I had an idea today...

This only happen once every 6 month or so I should not bother you too often :lol:

After posting the internet link above, it has crossed my mind that it might be cool to have within the GB a specific pinned thread where everybody can post nad share some intel wether it is internet link, drawings, color charts, book references or whatever is related to the topic of the GB.

The reason why people (ok, this is me at least...) likes the GB is because we can share some experiences and informations on a comon subject. When someone needs some info, rather than having to go through all the threads in order to eventually find the intel he is looking for, he just go to the "intel thread" (if this is what we call it) and has every possible info in one single location.

In order to make it user friendly, we could decide on a "format" with say a summary of content as a first sentence ie "Japanese aircarft guns of WWII" if I consider my link above and then the link. We can eventually complete it whenever some more info are available.

Eventual request for some info would have to be made within everybodies thread so the "intel thread" is not jamed with dozen of requests....

I don't know if this would be doable but I thought I would propose it :huh:

Have to go to the dental surgeron now :lol: but I will be back soon with some Ki-100 cowling info (masters done).

Cheers,

Loic

Hmm.. Interesting idea! I think its worth giving some thought. Thanks!

I think a database would be a great idea. Another site :rolleyes: has an area for research articles but it you have to scroll through everything to maybe find something.

That cowling does look like a challenge but I am quite sure you can get it just right.

Matt

Hi guys,

Dave,

I am glad you like the idea, I do not have much ideas so it is good to know they are not all that bad :) ;)

Matt,

you are right, this cowl is quite complex indeed especially as I want to show some parts of the engine so the internal must be detailled as well and the panels need to be "at scale" thickness wise.

Anyway, here is a pic of what I managed to do so far. The front par is the best I managed to get so far but it is not yet good enough :lol: I will try again sometime later.

post-3547-1238243264.jpg

Wheeeew, a lot of work went into making those 6 pieces! Hey Loic, check out my newest version of 'home-made' vacuform machine. Going to try a heat gun to get the plastic hot after I clamp it into the top using those wing-nuts. Hope nothing catches on fire. :) Looking good on the engine nacelle progress, can't wait to see what that engine mount looks like. Almost time to start chopping on the Ki-61 kit, eh?!

Hey guys,

thanks for puping up!

I am actually waiting on an Hasegawa kit to arrive so I can start surgery... This is partly why I am not goinig real quick on this puppy roght now. One other reason is that real life is catching up so I can not spend as much time as I would like on it.

Finally, this is supposed to be a relaxing build so I do not put too much pressure on myself :(

Cheers,

loic

• 2 months later...

Hello there!

I convinced myself to take advantage of my own (stalled) build thread to say hello and congratulate all of you guy on all the fantastic work you are doing.

As you can see, I am not dead... it just happen that there has been some evolution with my job as I have been kinda promotted and this is virtually reducing my spare time to nothing... so I try to spent what's left with my family instead of building models. This said, I still pass by the forum from time to time to check you guys work :rolleyes: and I have also been in contact with some of you via PM.

I hope I can get back soon with you buddies.

Cheers,

Loic

Hello there!

I convinced myself to take advantage of my own (stalled) build thread to say hello and congratulate all of you guy on all the fantastic work you are doing.

As you can see, I am not dead... it just happen that there has been some evolution with my job as I have been kinda promotted and this is virtually reducing my spare time to nothing... so I try to spent what's left with my family instead of building models. This said, I still pass by the forum from time to time to check you guys work :P and I have also been in contact with some of you via PM.

I hope I can get back soon with you buddies.

Cheers,

Loic

Congrats on the promotion! Still plenty of time left in the GB so hopefully things will settle down for you at home and you can pick this back up.