Hasegawa Bf 109G 6

Nice to see you return to the bench Keith. I hadn't realised your builds were on hiatus, or why. It's always rewarding to finally get the stickers on a build, especially one that's been hanging around a while (I speak from personal experience!).

Kev

• 4 months later...
Nice work, Keith! All those planes look great. I'd like to see more of that 262 so could you post some pics of it?

Cheers, John.

Here's the link to the article on the main site.

I built this one (Actually, re-built) just when I was descovering LSP, so there are no WIP shots. Compared with what I am able to do now, it is a terrible model. I now have two of the Trumpeter kits in storage, waiting to replace it.

It was still a fun build and one of the reasons for my "re-animator" nick-name.

There was a deadline?

He he, I didn't join that GB until the last month, so I never saw this in progress! Doh. :P Man, that really turned out great Allok. Why won't you do your own Luft colors anymore....I think those are sweetness! Nice looking covey of warbirds you got in the cabinet.

Never noticed before, but I see you're working on a Kiwi 'scooter'? VERY interesting thread....had to take a looksy. I'm going to be building a RAN A-4G before the end of the year, and found much of interest in your build. Any chance you might 're-animate' it? ( I for one was curious what you meant by that. :ph34r: )

Sigh, hope my 1/24 '109 turns out this nice, would be nice to get it done and outta the way for something new. Russ

p.s., did you ever finish that paper Swordfish? After playing with the paper kits for a bit myself, and knowing how finicky they are, you sure were making it look easy.

Thanks, Russ.

I'll try and answer your questions as best I can... :ph34r:

The Swordfish is very near completion. I am in the middle of painting the crew and will be posting updates in the next couple of days (no deadline to miss for that one :P ). All seems a bit of a waste of time considering the release of the Trump kit is just around the corner.

My little boy won't care, though and the next paper plane I will make for his ceiling will be the Il-2T. Won't that be fun!

After that, I will be finishing off the decals and repairs on the Skyhawk. It was mostly completed and on display... and then was crushed by a falling shelf. Larry has helped me out with replacement parts (as per usual, cheers Larry) and I have built a crew ladder, so I should have all that done by the end of November.

As far as RLM colours go, the Tamiya mixes I have been concocting are turning out a tad bright for my liking. I now have a full stock of Gunzy acrylics, so I'm going to switch to them just to see how they compare with what I see in these forums. The flat coat in the Gunzy range is quite good too.

• 7 months later...