Photo

Would you purchase a resin conversion for the Dragon Bf 110?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
419 replies to this topic

Poll: Bf 110-G Nightfighter Conversion (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you purchase a resin conversion for the Dragon Bf 110?

1. Yes even if I had to place a deposit of half the amount ($75 of $150) that would be refundable if the project didn't go forward (27 votes [30.34%])

Percentage of vote: 30.34%

2. Yes, if the deposit was no more than $50 (7 votes [7.87%])

Percentage of vote: 7.87%

3. Yes, if the deposit was only $25 (5 votes [5.62%])

Percentage of vote: 5.62%

4. Voted Not if any up-front cash was required (12 votes [13.48%])

Percentage of vote: 13.48%

5. Voted Not interested in the airplane (38 votes [42.70%])

Percentage of vote: 42.70%

Vote

#376 JRS

JRS

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

I didn't vote for Pastor John's conversion. I voted for Gary's and I was going to purchase at least two. I'm very disappointed. I don't care for vacuform canopy's. I think there should be another vote for his product.

John

• harvey, Out2gtcha and Artful69 like this

#377 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

I can see Gary's point about sinking money into a conversion with a competitor already on the market and possible low sales.

However, I'm with you. I hate vac canopies.
  • harvey likes this

#378 Shawn M

Shawn M

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

bummed out but understand your pov
  • harvey likes this

I dont suffer from AMS, I revell in it..get it...Revell

#379 Artful69

Artful69

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

I was not aware of another conversion set near completion.   It was the continued delays by AIMS as told to me led Bill Cross and others who contacted me and basically begged me to do this.   After spending a good part of the last month on the project at the expense of my personal building time, spending over $1500, and time meeting with other vendors to assemble the best there is, I feel really............. Lets say upset!!!!!!!!!!  

It look likes his kit is still not ready from his Facebook post, but he is far enough along that there is not room for two kits in the market place.  I am not going to be played the fool here any more so I am cancelling our BF 110G project immediately.

We are done and will proceed no father with a BF 110G Super Set.   Thanks for the support from everyone to get me up to speed on the plane, Just to bad it was a total waste of time.  Pastor does excellent work and I am sure you will all be very happy with his sets. 

Gary

Well ... This is an unpleasant shock for the morning ... deflating to say the least ...

When this thread started I was very particular to outline my preferences for a conversion set. The more discussion ensued - the more it looked like you were thinking along the same lines as most of us who wanted one done.

Early on (certainly within a number of days after this announcement was made) it was mentioned that Pastor John had started up his project on this again - one that I had no idea existed until that post.

I did mention that I'm not a fan of his products ... Ref post #42 on 18/08/17

"* Resin ... I love the HpH philosophy with their kits and corrections ... EVERYTHING you need to construct the subject is in the box. You may CHOOSE to swap some out for other AM items, but everything is there to start with - and SOLID instructions to go with it!
As much as I admire the AIMS Ju-88 (Revell) conversions ... I'm a little put off investing into any - and its not the expense!!
I have a G-6 conversion at home which has some lovely detail cast, some nice photo etch bits and a bucketload of decals ... BUT!
- Theres no Schräge musik arrays for aircraft options that were so equiped OR instructions on where or how it should be installed.
- There's no radar antennae included either
- The nacelles are about 1cm thick with (putty???) ... do I have to clean it out to fit them to the A/C?? ... These MIGHT seem like 'little' things, believe me they are not!
They are annoying ... and put people off.
- Conclusion?!? - Your conversion MUST be complete ... and the instructions for it's application, idiot proof ... it should not be assumed that that the purchaser will have an advanced modelling skill set or instinctively 'know' what to do.
- The canopy should be clear resin ... not vac formed ... and it might be an idea to make provision for either the G-4 or the G-2 heavy fighter/daytime bomber interceptor."

I even emailed Pastor John a few times ... trying to clarify some of the issues and work out what I needed to replace/what was missing from the conversion (which it appears from the instructions, was always incomplete!!)... 

My intention was to purchase further sets while getting any replacement/missing parts for the first one ...

The conversation seemed to go around in circles - and rather than giving me a clear direction for the G-6 ... he kept trying to 'push' more product sales.

This has put me off completely ... and as desperate as I am for a Bf.110G-4 ... I won't be purchasing a conversion from that source.

FWIW ... I think that, regardless of what products were available on the market - by anyone, yours was headed in the best direction, a complete conversion, with the best options, using the best materials.

We all knew, from early on, that Pastor John was pushing ahead with this conversion ... we just figured that your product, being superior, would sell much better.

If you have any doubts yourself ... just look at the number of posts on this thread to date - against those ... elsewhere.

I understand if you feel that it would be a poor business decision to continue ... however much I wish that you would!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69, 20 September 2017 - 10:05 PM.

• harvey likes this

#380 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:00 PM

I was not aware of another conversion set near completion.   It was the continued delays by AIMS as told to me led Bill Cross and others who contacted me and basically begged me to do this.   After spending a good part of the last month on the project at the expense of my personal building time, spending over $1500, and time meeting with other vendors to assemble the best there is, I feel really............. Lets say upset!!!!!!!!!!  

It look likes his kit is still not ready from his Facebook post, but he is far enough along that there is not room for two kits in the market place.  I am not going to be played the fool here any more so I am cancelling our BF 110G project immediately.

We are done and will proceed no father with a BF 110G Super Set.   Thanks for the support from everyone to get me up to speed on the plane, Just to bad it was a total waste of time.  Pastor does excellent work and I am sure you will all be very happy with his sets. 

Im sorry to hear that you feel like that Gary. Very sorry to hear you put it like that. I dont think anyone's (including myself) intention was to "play you for a fool". I think anyone who spoke up on this or spoke to you directly (again, including myself) was doing the opposite; sticking up for you. 

I was also under the impression you were aware of the Pastors progress on his conversion when we spoke. 

• harvey and Bill Cross like this

#381 DougN

DougN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Agreed, I would prefer to buy this conversion rather than the AIM's conversion as I feel the quality would be higher. I'm sure this thread was what got AIM moving again and trying to get his conversion out first otherwise it would likely still be on the back burner.

Life is too short for vac canopies so it's doubtful I'll purchase the AIM's set. Guess I'll have to wait and hope HK decides to go forward with a full IM kit if this one is dead.
  • harvey and Artful69 like this

#382 mmaben

mmaben

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:51 PM

Guess I'll have to wait and hope HK decides to go forward with a full IM kit if this one is dead.

HK ??

Dragon should do a G-2 'and' a G-4.

They have a head start on that goal.

Maybe Revell Germany ?

• harvey likes this

I just like airplanes

Mike                        Smirnoffcat    RomanianG-2

#383 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

Guys,

I thank you for your support, but can I ask everyone to the discussion positive.  You may not like some things AIMS offers, but he has consistently put out products that no one else does, much like GT Resin does and I will leave it at that.  If this motivated Pastor to get moving then all the better.  Maybe he will send me a G-4 Kit to build for helping him out....LOL.

Brian, we are just fine, no worries.

I to share everyones disappointment once I started looking into the aircraft, it has some pretty neat systems even with props for power!!!!   I plan on building one as now I have plenty of kits and reference material to guide me.  I may do a build with all of the goodies I was going to use in the set.. who knows.  Rudders and engine colts were sent to the printers Monday for first review.  Maybe if the Canopy  in plastic is not to costly I will have a batch made to sell to you all.  And Brian... for the fourth time   CLEAR PLASTIC.......not resin.

Have a great evening everyone

• Alburymodeler, harvey, JohnT and 1 other like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      

Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#384 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:22 AM

Who would be interested in ZM offering and SWS BF-110 F/G2/G4 in 1/32 similar to  their He 219?

• Alburymodeler, harvey, Shawn M and 3 others like this

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#385 Dennis7423

Dennis7423

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:39 AM

Even if ZM released one in 1/32, I would rather use your proposed set for the conversion. Already have a kit set aside to do it.

Is there any plausible way to talk you into proceeding Gary? I think your set would sell quite well. Another bonus to your proposed product, is that I can purchase it here in the good ole US of A. For Pastor's, I have to send across the pond.

I have some of his stuff, and while it is "impressive", there are many shortcuts. Some of the vac-form stuff is pretty poorly constructed. The radar he provides are all 2D photoetch, rather than 3D brass stuff. Castings are a little crude, and take lots of work.

What you proposed, to me, is a far more superior product, and one I am more than willing to stand behind and encourage others to purchase. If I have to beat that drum, I'll gladly beat it. I believe in your product. I like AIM's stuff, but I like yours a whole heck of a lot better.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

• harvey likes this

#386 imatt88

imatt88

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:41 AM

I could not afford one
  • harvey likes this

bth_470_maiden0.jpg

Only THE greatest rock band in the world

#387 Artful69

Artful69

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:53 AM

Who would be interested in ZM offering and SWS BF-110 F/G2/G4 in 1/32 similar to their He 219?

I WISH!!! ... very unlikely to happen though ... given their current backlog of projects in pipeline ... apparently Neil from HK Models as expressed an interest in a complete IM G-4 - some time ago, I believe.

I'm all for keeping discussions positive - I just call em as I see 'em ... I wish the good Pastor all the best - even if I can't justify providing him with a sale ... as I do you.

I always said that, failing this proposal coming to market and any viable alternative, I'd sit back and wait for an IM product to appear ... it's long overdue methinks!

#388 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:17 AM

Even if ZM released one in 1/32, I would rather use your proposed set for the conversion. Already have a kit set aside to do it.

Is there any plausible way to talk you into proceeding Gary? I think your set would sell quite well. Another bonus to your proposed product, is that I can purchase it here in the good ole US of A. For Pastor's, I have to send across the pond.

I have some of his stuff, and while it is "impressive", there are many shortcuts. Some of the vac-form stuff is pretty poorly constructed. The radar he provides are all 2D photoetch, rather than 3D brass stuff. Castings are a little crude, and take lots of work.

What you proposed, to me, is a far more superior product, and one I am more than willing to stand behind and encourage others to purchase. If I have to beat that drum, I'll gladly beat it. I believe in your product. I like AIM's stuff, but I like yours a whole heck of a lot better.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Hey Dennis,

I have no doubt the set would be exceptional with what I had planned.   I need 300 of you, to change my mind.   That many of you don't exist.

scale.   

Many Thanks, Gary

#389 Dennis7423

Dennis7423

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

Do you need 300 right away, or just 300 total? I'm sure once word spreads, 300 would sell over a span of time. I know I am in for 2, and my brother is in for 1. That's 1% :-)

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

#390 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

I WISH!!! ... very unlikely to happen though ... given their current backlog of projects in pipeline ... apparently Neil from HK Models as expressed an interest in a complete IM G-4 - some time ago, I believe.

I'm all for keeping discussions positive - I just call em as I see 'em ... I wish the good Pastor all the best - even if I can't justify providing him with a sale ... as I do you.

I always said that, failing this proposal coming to market and any viable alternative, I'd sit back and wait for an IM product to appear ... it's long overdue methinks!

Hey Rog,

I too am disappointed, but I would be very disappointed and broke to have $18,000 in kits made and they sit here for lack of buyers.   I realistically think there are maybe 50 serious modelers that want the best at any price if the value is there, and another 20-30 that will make the sacrifice if it is a little more than their budget will allow.  After that is is a crap shoot.   the pole is inconclusive at best, but more modelers are not interested than are interested.   That is not good.   Now If we had 75-100 yes votes, instead of 26 I would feel much better about the investment.

• Alburymodeler and Artful69 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users