HKM DO-335 B-6 Night Fighter. Release Next Week

Guest Maxim

mmmm I have a question ... since this kite is a "what-if" is that "theoretical" schräge musik poking up behind the observers position on the first 2 profiles??

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

mmmm I have a question ... since this kite is a "what-if" is that "theoretical" schräge musik poking up behind the observers position on the first 2 profiles??

Rog :)

Only the first two schemes are 'what if'. The prototype was captured, tested, crashed and trashed by the French.... :)

I presume there are no images of the prototype 'pre-capture' as that'd be an historically correct Luftwaffe scheme.

Matt

Man, It's one awesome kit after another being released.

Where the heck were all these awesome new companies back in the 70-80 and 90's? I was working a paper routes, shoveling endless sidewalks, mowing yards, painting houses and caddying to buy these kits.

And now you see kids staring at their smart phones with expressionless faces.

Let's get on with crazy gluing our fingers together and building these monster kits!

Guest Maxim

Interesting people give us crazy looks when we spend a couple of hundred dollars on a kit that keeps us busy for half a year or more but the same people think nothing of spending 1200 bucks or so upgrading their mobile every two years.

Man, that is a cool looking airframe for sure.  Id likely snatch one of these up lickedy split, but already having their A model with full blown plans for a Do-335 Trop what-if build, Ill probably pass on this one.  

Man, It's one awesome kit after another being released.

Where the heck were all these awesome new companies back in the 70-80 and 90's? I was working a paper routes, shoveling endless sidewalks, mowing yards, painting houses and caddying to buy these kits.
And now you see kids staring at their smart phones with expressionless faces.

Let's get on with crazy gluing our fingers together and building these monster kits!

Interesting people give us crazy looks when we spend a couple of hundred dollars on a kit that keeps us busy for half a year or more but the same people think nothing of spending 1200 bucks or so upgrading their mobile every two years.

Great points!

Yeah, i get "staring into your phone" as I think weve all done it, including catching myself on many occasions, but honestly I was the same way as a kid. I saved, scrimped and pleaded with my dad to take me up to the LHS to buy one of the MPC 1/24th giant scale aircraft kits with retractable landing gear. 

Sad to think there are kids out there who may love aviation and just dont know it yet.............and who could be started on a life long love of model building by just a bit of initial exposure to it.

• 2 weeks later...