Korean War MiG-15bis (flown by Russian Ace)

LSP_K2

Spare the very end of the pipe, would the other pin marks even be visible? I wouldn't make more work than necessary out of it, but I understand the frustration, too!

Great start, Kev. Looking forward to watching this one.

John

And speaking of the exhaust end tip, it's as wrong as it can possibly be; too "thick and chunky", though it does have a slight taper on the outside, which is correct, end is squared off and blunt, whereas it should be rounded off significantly. None of these things are deal breakers to me, and I won't rail against Trump for it like some others might do, but the whole area will require some thought. Also, the aft fuselage areas, are as smooth as silk, so some ribbing and formers will need to be added, as it would certainly look odd without them.

Keeping things moving along, I've went ahead and glued the front and rear fuselage halves together, These will be reinforced on the inside, then puttied and cleaned up. I also photographed the BB 'pit set today (twice!), so I can now begin fitting that stuff up, and hopefully get  on with some painting.

-15%20003_zpsartpubjk.jpg

Kev, any chance you could do a side by side of the kit splitter versus the CE unit?

I too have the master barrel set and they are breathe taking! Also come with replacement ant. base.

I was going to follow the same main sequence you are as well, join the fuse halves (per side) then mate together. Seemed like less chance of gaps/mis alignment