Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

I asked Two Bobs about the Alconbury grape sheet, or part of it, being scaled up and they indicated it well might. Have they now categorically stated they will not do this?

Furball look nice if you want latterday US Navy. I want an a/ USAFE b/ grape scheme c/ early F-5E from ca.1976-1985, or nada. 

If I do a later F-5E in the absence of my preference, and that would be a big if, it would likely be Bahraini, Taiwanese or Singaporean. 

Anyone know about good quality markings for Arabian peninsular or Far Eastern Tigger Too? 

Tony

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, there are also the old Superscale sets for AF birds as well as initial Navy ones. For more recent Adversary birds, Two Bobs already released two sheets. Alas, all of them are Oop. So, you can only find them on the second hand market. Nevertheless they can be found with patience. 

I've got at least one (possibly two) Microscale or Superscale sets, and they're adversary/aggressor machines, as that's what I intended to do my Hasegawa kit as. I'll have to dig them out and see exactly what they are.

Thanks. The Two Bobs has crew names and other qualitative advantages. 

If they don't scale up I would be happy with a Saudi, Taiwanese or Singaporean F-5F and RF-5E, and maybe a Bahraini F-5E if the decals are forthcoming from somewhere. The Tigers are projects that will move forwards if the decal options present themselves; the avilability of markings being the driver, not the kit.

Look like fun kits in any case. 

Tony 

On 8/1/2018 at 11:18 PM, Kagemusha said:

Tony, I think there was an Alconbury Grape option with this Revell release, happy hunting in the Traders Board!

Yes there is, there´s also a "Snake" scheme as well in that boxing!

Building one right now!

Stefan :)

Yes Gary, "you build it and they will come!" - (sorry "Field of Dreams") - it's the intake and exhausts that are delaying my purchase of these kits and I know a number of others think this way.

Tha AFV Club series of F5s' in 48th have 'spoilt' the F5 modeller as they show what can be done but they're getting a tad old and hard to come by now.

Work your magic Gary!

Steve S.

Tha AFV Club series of F5s' in 48th have 'spoilt' the F5 modeller as they show what can be done but they're getting a tad old and hard to come by now.

Have a look here...

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=7888&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=955&keyword_search=F-5&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

I have a Singapore Tigereye that I am itching to start.