Bravo Revell Germany P-51D Canopy Replacement

modelingbob

Well, my replacement windshields (two of them as requested!) arrived safely today.

But they're just like the original ones, with that uneven puddled look.

Are we sure that a new batch of good ones is out there?

How are other people's replacements?

Well, my replacement windshields (two of them as requested!) arrived safely today.

But they're just like the original ones, with that uneven puddled look.

Are we sure that a new batch of good ones is out there?

How are other people's replacements?

Some are good , some (most) aren't , which is a sign that

they don't understand or see the problem.

KgHJiGY.jpg?1

IMNSHO, those of us lucky dogs that got our replacement canopies early on, got hand picked ones with less flaws. The one I got is certainly better than the original canopy.  :yahoo:

By now, with the number of canopies being requested and shipped out (I'd imagine lots!), the cream has likely been skimmed from the top and the remaining canopies may not be of higher quality.  :doh:

IMNSHO, those of us lucky dogs that got our replacement canopies early on, got hand picked ones with less flaws. The one I got is certainly better than the original canopy.  :yahoo:

By now, with the number of canopies being requested and shipped out (I'd imagine lots!), the cream has likely been skimmed from the top and the remaining canopies may not be of higher quality.  :doh:

Haha, imagine an employee of Revell of Germany, sitting in front of a heap of P-51D (early model) canopies, patiently picking the good ones from the flawed...

Well then, I'd like to hear your plausible explanation why my replacement canopy is a quantum leap in quality above the original canopy and others are crap.  :popcorn:

Maybe I'm just lucky!!!!?????  :evil_laugh:

Haha, imagine an employee of Revell of Germany, sitting in front of a heap of P-51D (early model) canopies, patiently picking the good ones from the flawed...

Edited by modelingbob

Well then, I'd like to hear your plausible explanation why my replacement canopy is a quantum leap in quality above the original canopy and others are crap.  :popcorn:

Maybe I'm just lucky!!!!?????  :evil_laugh:

I didn't mean to be ironic or cynical. Just genuinely amused by the vision of the employee sorting out canopies.

As to why there are differences between the canopies, I don't know ;-)