FW-190A8 Sturmjager project.

Steve The Swede

Hi all!

Since it was so long since I posted any updates the old thread with the cockpit shots had been deleted so I had to start a new thread.

Here's some new pics of of what I've been up to lately. Please feel free to leave feedback, since this is my first a/c build in over 15 years I have a lot to learn.

Anyway, I hope you like what I've done so far.

Steve.

Old pic of the MDC pit.

post-4-1110728476.jpg

Tjena Steve med Lloyden...!

This is looking absolutely fabolous, and you know what guys, I have had the pleasure of seeing this beuty in real life too... :)

Good to see that it's starting to near its completion, be careful not to break anything... again :D

You where anxious about the quality of the photos, but I think they look just fine.

See you tomorrow Steve,

All the best,

Kristoffer

Thanks a lot Kristoffer! :D

I totally forgot to tell you all that just as Kristoffer implied I have probably remade/repainted everything at least twise. :) I can no longer count how many foul up's that's hit this project, all due to my butter fingers. HOWEVER! And this is VERY important, the biggest disaster wasn't my fault at all, it was caused by Kristoffers stupid cat Danko! The mean little critter steped off the rear radio wire antenna, wasn't fun to rebuild at all. :angry:

Steve.

Beautiful work Steve! Been enjoying you posts and also the dialogue over in the 'discussion.'

By the way, your old thread has not been dropped; to find it, toggle the bar down at the bottom of the page that by default reads 'in the last 30 days'. You can find posts that go way back. Your earlier thread is at:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...t=ST&f=4&t=4930

Thanks for your kind comments! It's been so long since I built these kind of kits but I'm truly having the time of my life! It's soooooo much fun! :)

Chris, an oil wash works pretty much like other washes, however it dries pretty slowly so you'll have good control over it and you can work with it for a pretty long time. Simply mix artists oil paint (the stuf you paint paintings with) with "white spirit" and lay it on with a brush. I usually mix Burnt umber and black.

If you add it on top of matt surface it will stain a bit and give your model a natural dirty look. However if you only want it down in the panels simply clear coat the model first and then "wash" it. You can wipe any exces off with a rag dipped in "white spirit".

Gene, I wasn't awere of that function but thanks for the info, I might as well use this thread now.

Steve.

Fantastic work Steve. It all makes my current 190 build seem very very humble, but that's fine by me.

The best (selfish) thing is that you are a good few steps ahead where I am at. I can benefit from all your research. Eg. I'd been wondering about those wires on the gear arms - now I have a perfect blueprint for my own (much simplified) detail work. I'll be able to print out the image to work from same as I did with your cockpit.

Champion! :D

Some questions about your RLM 74/75/76 application if thats Ok:

What order are you applying the colours in and how much do you cover with each colour?

Do you shoot all over 74 and then all the rest in 75 and then lastly the 76?

Or, do you only spray 1 colour per area and live with the 3-tone effect in the overspray zones between colours?

Also, do you intend to show any primer colour coming through chips or worn paint?

This is the stuff I am starting to wonder about now for my 190.

BTW, did I say? Fantastic work!