Hasegawa Ki43

Koala

Koala, I'm shamelessly going to use your build for reference

Isn't that a 'copyright' violation ? :blink:

Erwin, no,no,no, its a General guide -kind of like a field manual; not to be taken literrally..... just to point you in the right direction. :ph34r: :blink: :ph34r:

Koala, I'm shamelessly going to use your build for reference

Isn't that a 'copyright' violation ? :blink:

Erwin, no,no,no, its a General guide -kind of like a field manual; not to be taken literrally..... just to point you in the right direction. :ph34r: :blink: :ph34r:

I knew that.

Just kidding around. :lol:

Koala,

...You mentioned in your string that the IJN planes might not have had the same paint deterioration problems as the IJA planes. Getting ready to do a N1K2-J George--can you point me in the right direction concerning the weathering of the IJN versus the IJA planes.

thx,

Brian

Hi there chaps. I apoligise for not responding sooner. Various computer crashes and work things have kept me away... not to mention a certain #$*$%@!!! Trumpeter P-38!

Brian... this is what you are looking for - located at J-aircraft - its the duck's nuts matey :o

Weathering Japanese Planes by F P Weill

Thanks all for the ongoing nice words about this kit too.

Mike - there are some great detail photos on the web. Can't remember where but they're all on my HD if you get stuck.

Here is one that I don't remember writing up... the landing light which is modelled square-cut, can be easily spruced up by some creative masking. Good result for not much effort.

Also, I didn't, but if you know what you are doing and can reinforce the landing gear struts... do. Just two thin bits of placky holding up the whole shebang... it kind of creaks when you set it down.

Cheers.

post-4-1114057460.jpg

Guest canuck63
Koala,

Congrats on a great looking bird. You mentioned in your string that the IJN planes might not have had the same paint deterioration problems as the IJA planes. Getting ready to do a N1K2-J George--can you point me in the right direction concerning the weathering of the IJN versus the IJA planes.

thx,

Brian

Hi Brian,

in my humble opinion paint directly applied over bare,unprimed and untreated aluminum would unvariably chip,due to the poor adesion qualities of the former over the latter, hence a plane thus painted would weather big time, no matter if it's a Japanese Navy plane or a Monegasque one!

I've got thousands of pictures showing IJN and IJA aircraft heavily weathered,therefore I think you wouldn't go wrong in any case!

My two cents

Manuel

Guest canuck63
Manuel,

I agree. All the Japanese planes I've seen seem to be in various states of weather. I'm just collecting all the data I can since this will be my first Japnese plane in a long time!

thx,

Brian

If you need a help in sorting out pics just let me know!

Later

Manuel