Poll: The New Wingnut Wings Announcement will be...

ringleheim

WNW New Release Announcement  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What will the new WNW kit be (to be announced at Nürnberg)?

U Control ... is that what we in UK would call Control Line? I used to do that too in my teens, great fun, had a large scale Graupner FW-190 under construction from when we were based in Germany, then we were posted back to UK and it had to go :( , but I flew stunt models and combat models too with a long streamer flying from each plane and the object was for each flyer to try cut each others ribbon with your prop ... fun days, never did get into full R/C aero-modelling though as I intended to do, Motorcycles and Girls came into my life and all that stuff stopped :)

We used to call this stunt where we had two pilots in the center of the same circle trying to cut the streamers on the other guys tail "flying combat". We used 52 foot long braided steel wire to control the planes and had all sorts of fun. We often cut a bit too close and cut the other guys  tail off (balsa models) and then we'd trip and had a real fun time. The models would crash and then I had more fun repairing the model during the week so I could fly again the following weekend. We often made our  own planes out of 1/2 inch thick sheet balsa for the fuselage, 1/8" thick balsa sheet for the tail surfaces and a hollow wing from another old kit. We would add a third  line just for releasing the bombs. If one wanted radio control around 1950 you had to make your own sender, receiver and controls yourself. The plans said get  sheet aluminum and cut it so it could be bent into a box and then make the electronics yourself. I did not like electronics then and I don't today. So I never did  :punk:

I think the poll is pretty accurate

Dead heat for Dr1/ Be2 with a SPAD running a close 2nd

All red Albatros dIII for the Barons 100th also a big possibility

- maybe part of the 35% ‘other'?

I image they'll do all of the above at some stage plus a CL II. etc, etc

A Dr1/ Albatros d111/V duelist combo with an Re8 would be great or Pup /Tripe vs D3?

A Staaken(late version) would be awesome but the 140cm wingspan might rule it out.!

Anyway, anything's possible - find out soon !🤩

I don't know, but to me, wanting another SPAD Xlll or a Fokker Dr.1 is like wanting another BF109 or a P51. How many of you don't already have enough of either to make up a group? I know the Hobbycraft SPAD had no motor, but unless you kept off the side engine covers, you couldn't see it anyway. But if you do want the covers off or screens put in, both WnWs and Roden have a motor for you. I used the Roden SPAD Vll as a mounting guide for my Frank Luke SPAD. I think I have around 10 SPADS and a half dozen Dr/F.1s. Enough to make the cost of my Pheon decal sheet to be well worth it. There are soo many different WW1 aircraft that many of you probably never heard of. Some were decent and beautiful some were terrible and ugly. I really want all kinds. In the 60s we had three companies making WWl planes in 1/48th scale. I had them all. My favorites were the Albatross C.lll, the Halberstadt CL.ll, Breguet XlV, Airco DH.4, and my favorite the Bristol F2b, the two seaters. I did have a Gotha and the DH.10. Of course I had all the fighters, but I opted for the Revell 1/28 Dr1, SPAD Xlll, and the Camel and none in 1/48, even I don't know why. The only thing I wish is that WnWs was like Roden and not discontinue anything. Fortunately I have at least one each of their discontinued planes. I am thankful that WnWs exists as well as Roden, and Special Hobby, and that Hobbycraft is still easy to find. I'll be happy to see more re-releases and anything new from anybody.

Edited by Fred Jack

Just finished wandering the 'net looking for any sneak peeks from Nürnberg.

Found several videos at Youtube with everyone still setting up their displays, but not showing what we are after.

No new teasers/announcements at Modellbau-König or WNW website or about half a dozen other places I tried! 

Maybe tomorrow we will know more, when the show opens.

Except they did expect them! By law the Spanish Inquisition had to write to you beforehand, warning you that they were coming to have a nice, friendly chat...

With a comfy chair