Revell 1/350 Tirpitz

Guest DannyVM

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2018 at 8:58 AM, Bomber_County said:

Any new updates Danny, keep finding this kit at amazing prices.......Intrigued hows it going together...

I'll join in on that question. Looking forward to updates.

Awesome build, definitely a voyeur on this ;-)

I’ve got the Bismark in my stash. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet on the atirpitz but ironically I was talking to the LHS owner this weekend about finding one at a decent price. Makes me look forward to watching your build!

• 1 month later...

Danny ... I'll follow this one!! ...

I wanted to do a full spread on Kriegsmarine vessels in the same scale ... I liked 1/200 so I grabbed a Bismark ... Before realising I can't get a Deutschland class or Scharnhorst class in that scale :(

So ... how long IS that sucker, bow to stern, in Cm's/mm? ... I might swap out and go 1/350.

Rog :)

11 hours ago, Robthepom said:

Nice start, 1/350 looks like good scale for details and detailing, keep the pics coming:popcorn:

Thank's, indeed, some parts are very tiny but still, you get a nice detail with al the pe onboard.

4 hours ago, Artful69 said:

I wanted to do a full spread on Kriegsmarine vessels in the same scale ... I liked 1/200 so I grabbed a Bismark ... Before realising I can't get a Deutschland class or Scharnhorst class in that scale :(

So ... how long IS that sucker, bow to stern, in Cm's/mm? ... I might swap out and go 1/350.

Thank's for hopping in mate.:speak_cool:

1/200 is a very nice scale to work on ship models, but like you said, in this scale, not all vessels are available.

Length of the Tirpitz in 1/350 scale from bow to stern = 71.7 cm.

Greetz

Danny

4 hours ago, Artful69 said:

You can't get a Scharnhorst yet in 1/200 scale :innocent:

Edited by Maxim

21 minutes ago, DannyVM said:

Thank's, indeed, some parts are very tiny but still, you get a nice detail with al the pe onboard.

Thank's for hopping in mate.:speak_cool:

1/200 is a very nice scale to work on ship models, but like you said, in this scale, not all vessels are available.

Length of the Tirpitz in 1/350 scale from bow to stern = 71.7 cm.

Greetz

Danny

Mmmmm That's not a bad size I suppose ... I know that a Graf Spee and Scharnhorst are available in 1/350 ... as well as a number of others

16 minutes ago, Maxim said:

You can't get a Scharnhorst yet in 1/200 scale :innocent:

... I know this :D ... which is why I asked about the measurements of Danny's Tirpitz ... It gives me a reference point, should I choose to abandon 1/200 in favour of 1/350

In the beginning, i was a little afraid that the tiny part's would be to tiny to make the difference, but at the moment i'm very pleased to see that the pe will bring all the life into this giant, which it will need. Don't forget, this kit was first released in 2007 without pe or brass add-ons and without a wooden deck deck, and still this was a great kit for it's time. Now, it will be even greater with all of these extra goodies, and for a price, which is fairly said very sharp.