Col Vic Vizcarra sent me this

If "Sinister Vampire" was an EF besides removing the side blisters, you'll you'll have to remove the strengthening plates on the wings and the small spine on the top of the fuselage.   I did it with mine and it wasn't that hard to do.  Check some photos to be  sure.

Bruce

Edited by Bruce

Well dang Bruce  YA Busted Me :crying:

I just didn't have any pics yet .....................Throw this out for laughs \,

You mentioned before when you posted your F on the other thread that you re-did the spine?

Wondering when the spline mod came along in relation to Sinister Vampire

I wasn't planning a spline mod on mine

Thanks Sir

jack

That's what I love about people asking questions, cause it makes me go back and research it again, as it was

I finished my G  8 years ago.

Bruce you mentioned the spine, so into my THUD by Lou Drendel and  on page 48 is a photo of Sinister Vampire with the full spine, and the decals

claim 1970 so I'm saying that in this time frame I don't have to modify the spine.220px-355tfw-f105g.jpg

Thanks for keeping me on my toes Bruce,  You or anyone thinks I made a mistake ,,,,,,PLEASE TELL me while I can fix it

I don't mind the help as I want to be accurate but I'm not going over board with........This picture is what I'm modeling........JUST LIKE THAT!

Bruce when were the plates added? what year ?  Added when the did the spine mod?  Want your opinion Please

jack

jack

Edited by marauderdriver

Well dang Bruce  YA Busted Me :crying:

I just didn't have any pics yet .....................Throw this out for laughs \,

You mentioned before when you posted your F on the other thread that you re-did the spine?

Wondering when the spline mod came along in relation to Sinister Vampire

I wasn't planning a spline mod on mine

Thanks Sir

jack

Jack,

if you look carefully at the profile on pg 32 Wild Weasel book that your logo came from you can see that there is no spine(compare it to the other drawings, profile could be wrong).  It appears from the photo you mentioned that the a/c lived long enough to get a spine.  I've seen later pictures of 63-319 that show a JB tail code and it appears it was later upgraded to G configuration.   Also the wing tip will have to be modified to get rid of the ALR 31 antenna.  Hopefully you have a resin tail replacement because that is really one area Trumpeter screwed up.  The spine covering a back-up hydraulic system started being added in late '67 or early '68, the plates AFAIK were added post Viet Nam.  The Trumpeter kits are easiest modeled as post Viet Nam because of the spine and the strengthening plates that are molded on.

Bruce

Edited by Bruce

Jack,

if you look carefully at the profile on pg 32 Wild Weasel book that your logo came from you can see that there is no spine(compare it to the other drawings, profile could be wrong).  It appears from the photo you mentioned that the a/c lived long enough to get a spine.  I've seen later pictures of 63-319 that show a JB tail code and it appears it was later upgraded to G configuration.   Also the wing tip will have to be modified to get rid of the ALR 31 antenna.  Hopefully you have a resin tail replacement because that is really one area Trumpeter screwed up.  The spine covering a back-up hydraulic system started being added in late '67 or early '68, the plates AFAIK were added post Viet Nam.  The Trumpeter kits are easiest modeled as post Viet Nam because of the spine and the strengthening plates that are molded on.

Bruce

Hey Bruce

I agree, that this airplane lasted to be convert, to a G and JB tail code makes sense.  I found that in November 21 1970 a105G flying with 5 other 6010 th JB tali code

was lost to a SAM during the SON TAY Prison  Raid,  The crew rescued by the Raiders  HH-53 Super  Jolly's. 

I know about the wing tips and  the tail , I'm going to fix it like my G it's not hard     

First up is the "De-rivetation"    about 27 G-zillion  2-3 days at least, then vent cutouts  removing the ECM blisters, cut-off nose area for new radome,  wash in cockpit,

interior intakes,  Etc...Etc

going to work now

Thanks Again Bruce

jack

Guest Peterpools

Jack

Looking forward to your Thud build. As a kid growing up, looking out by bedroom window, I could always see 105's in the pattern at Farmingadale.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Jack,

I'm really looking forward to watching your build. I built the single-seater, and those accounts of those early wild weasel missions had me riveted as much as your kit!

Cheers, Tom

Jack

Looking forward to your Thud build. As a kid growing up, looking out by bedroom window, I could always see 105's in the pattern at Farmingadale.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Hi Peter

I know you ar in the busy season for you, but that's a GOOD thing :innocent:

Your SUFA is OUTRAGOUS, But IMHO  YUCK!   SORRY DUDE Your work is,,, Outa-sight,,Man!,,,,,,,Plane's YUCK!

I would have LOVED, to have been your cousin and come there to visit during the SUMMER of 62, 64, 65,thru 75 cause I know Grumman is right down the road. 

The History on Long Island Aircraft Industries  SEVERSKY  GRUMMAN

I did have a chance to come to or thru Farmingdale and Bethpage,  saw a couple of Intruders in the pattern, 1986 or so

Great STUFF   Looking forward to your Twouger can't wait to see your opinion on it's build.

I have been a Republic fan since the P-35, Some Kinda THUNDER,,HOG,SLED,ULTRA,BOLT..and THUD

Hope this turns out   Ha Ha Haaaaaaaa!!

jack

Edited by marauderdriver

Jack,

I'm really looking forward to watching your build. I built the single-seater, and those accounts of those early wild weasel missions had me riveted as much as your kit!

Cheers, Tom

Hey Tom

I've always been a 105 fan, and the Wild Weasels in Vietnam were SPECIAL PEOPLE,  YGBSM, said it all.

The more I read The Bigger the  Lump gets in my throat....This was a good excuse to build my Sinister Vampire for my Wild Weasel Collection 

Thanks for looking in ........ I hope  don't BOREyou  

jack

Hey Bruce

On page 59 middle........THUD book ..is 63-319 JB tail- code  Sharks mouth  

Caption says  KORAT  Nov. 1972

Ok I must have misread about the a/c lost at SON TAY,  but it was not 319

Thought I would pass that along, You were Correct My Friend

Keep me right ....I will Stray

jack