I'n in with a phantom!

dashotgun

• 3 weeks later...

sorry I have been absent as my 12 year old dog was sick and sadly has passed away. she will be greatly missed and I have not been in the mood for modeling much. I have made progress on it and it is a good diversion from my loss. After the holidays I will give you guys the update. I have been seeing your progress ruz and your doing great!. I am not using the hobby decal transfers I used them on the P 47 I built and love them but on the phantom I would go crazy there are to many to sit and rub and line them all up. Hope you guys have a good thanksgiving and give your 4 footed friends some turkey for me would you?

I am not using the hobby decal transfers I used them on the P 47 I built and love them but on the phantom I would go crazy there are to many to sit and rub and line them all up.

I used 'em on mine, and they can drive you crazy! Especially when you get to the teensy panel numbers.. That said, I'd use them again in a heartbeat! They're just so much nicer than decals.

So sorry to hear of your loss, too. Non-pet-people don't always 'get' just how attached we can become to our furry family members.

• 1 month later...

I have started to build again and made some good progress. see below. Note to follow on builders un warp the wings before you mate the fuselage 1/2s it will be easier. The project is going along well and the only pita was getting the right shade of black glossy on the tail I am still not quite happy but it will do. The decasl need a bit more work to settle down well and a coat of gloss on top to blend. I have used up near a bottle of gunze laq white on the bottom. I am on track to finish this before the end of the GB.

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2512copy.jpg

temporary disaster I accidentally lifted the tail code on my 1/32 phantom f 4 j while it could be fixed I would like to trade or buy part or all of a decal set to replace it. The decal set it came from was the 1/32 yellow hammer now OOB for lack of joy. However if anyone has a like set that would suffice I really only need the E but a full tail code would work too $ or trade

vf84.jpg

Whoooa, bummer about the tail marking! :( Looks like you decided on the light-grey walkway marking..sweet! Don't know too much about the high-visibility markings, for this squadron, so I was wondering which color they used. Nice clean build dashotgun, Waaay better than my hack-job of an F-4S.

Maybe use a scrap area of white off another decal sheet to repair the part that flaked off? I'd sure send you a replacement if I had one, I can't wait to see this Spook finished. Looking good, buddy....don't let it get ya down! B)

Whoooa, bummer about the tail marking! ;) Looks like you decided on the light-grey walkway marking..sweet! Don't know too much about the high-visibility markings, for this squadron, so I was wondering which color they used. Nice clean build dashotgun, Waaay better than my hack-job of an F-4S.

Maybe use a scrap area of white off another decal sheet to repair the part that flaked off? I'd sure send you a replacement if I had one, I can't wait to see this Spook finished. Looking good, buddy....don't let it get ya down! :D

a little bummed but I can use some white decal to patch or it would be easy to paint it the hard part would be getting the decal off up to the skull without messing the tail or the skull and bones up. I will persevere.

Too bad about the decal! I have had that happen more than once and white is tough to match. The white decal material is an interesting idea and might be the best bet, just my 2 cents. Looks great otherwise. Cool missiles.

Matt

Too bad about the decal! I have had that happen more than once and white is tough to match. The white decal material is an interesting idea and might be the best bet, just my 2 cents. Looks great otherwise. Cool missiles.

Matt

if the replacement decals strips do not match I plan to carefully make a cut in the carrier film between the letter E and the skull and bones and lift all the remaining letter off. i then could make the entire letter out of decal strips( I actually have a testors decals kit someplace) Or cut a stencil and paint it. Since the whole letter will be replace if that does not match the skull it will not be as apparent. Cutting a stencil for a letter E should not to to hard I just have to be carefully not to lift the skull up. Every project has it challanges and triumphs I have never had one go completly smoothly.

Whoooa, bummer about the tail marking! :huh: Looks like you decided on the light-grey walkway marking..sweet! Don't know too much about the high-visibility markings, for this squadron, so I was wondering which color they used. Nice clean build dashotgun, Waaay better than my hack-job of an F-4S.

Maybe use a scrap area of white off another decal sheet to repair the part that flaked off? I'd sure send you a replacement if I had one, I can't wait to see this Spook finished. Looking good, buddy....don't let it get ya down! :blink:

btw your F 4 was not hack job I was amazed at your work! My references such as they were suggested gray I used neutral gray as the best colormatch and because it looked good I bet the gay faded quickly from whatever it was supposed to be.