HK Lancaster.

Phartycr0c

No not another when's it going to appear thread. This is more of a where can I get stuff from thread. 

In anticipation of the kits arrival, I'm  looking to source some markings for a 97 Squadron aircraft.

My problem is that there are so few references on the internet I will not be in a position to provide any form of artwork for masks /decals other than the squadron serials which are OF with the aircraft I would look to produce being  OF -A serial R5548 (although this is not set in stone)

This aircraft possessed nose art for which, again, I cannot find accurate images.

Iv'e look at 97 sqdn association without any real success so guidance as to where how i can get these markings would be great. 

Thanks in anticipation 

I'm afraid it's going to be a very hit and miss affair Pharty, you might get lucky by finding a picture in one of the "Lancasters at War" volumes but it really is down to whether any of the crew "posed" in front of their Lanc and then if the picture had come into the public domain. Good luck!

Max

And this one:

Joe's Kite

Service: 97 Sqn del'd 10-5-43 OF-J, 100 Sqn del'd 30-9-43 HW-?, 625 Sqn del'd 13-10-43 CF-C, SOC 18-6-44

Fate: Shot down, 12/13 June 1944 against Gelsenkirchen

IjPPUwb.jpg

Edited by Wouter

And this:

Queen Elizabeth - R5548
Service: 97 Sn OF-A
Fate: Destroyed by fire, 28 December, 1942, England

sZstlCU.jpg

Spurius - ED862
Service: 97 Sqn OF-P
Fate: FTR, 29/30 July 1943 - against Hamburg
78iWIlf.jpg

Sri Garuda - L7522

Service: 97 Sqn OF-V, 83 Sqn OL-N

Fate: FTR, 21/22 February 1942 - against Stavanger

5TpCyzW.jpg

Sri Sajah - L7463

Service: 97 Sqn del'd 29-9-41 OF-P, 106 Sqn del'd 20-1-42 ZN-L

Fate: FTR, 23/24 February 1942 - against Rostock

2hCADOM.jpg

Unknown

Unknown Identity - possibly 97 Sqn

h9vZeM6.jpg

Back to work :-)

Edited by Wouter

Wonderful images

Just quite sobering to think that FTR means the crew almost certainly died (I read that The Lanc was a death trap once hit and going down - just impossible to get out of, esp when compared to the Halifax or Sterling).

Thanks again for posting

This kit is my most wanted ever since it got announced. I've done the 72nd and got the 48th along with every bit and bob of extras. When HK said its coming in 32nd that was it for me.

My grandfather flew in one for 39 missions and survived the war along with his crew of Aussies and brits.

This is a morning after the night before when they returned on 2 engines to Marston in Kent. Shipped back to North Lincolnshire the next day then back out on another raid the following night.

HKa3Ub5.png