Revell/Tamiya P-51 build

Couple of shots here of the test fitting. Just taped together so it's not nice and snug but you can get the idea as to fit. I'm certain, as the build progresses, there will be some issues hopefully small. We'll see.

J0OROc8.jpg

9osQ0IU.jpg

GAUsIMx.jpg

That fuselage to wing fit looks pretty good!

:popcorn:

Chris

Not too bad at all Chris. We'll see how the fuselage lays down on the wings after I get the cockpit done. :)

Hi John - looking very interesting - I love a good mash up!

Apologies, to my shame I'm not as knowledgable on the ‘Stang as I would like to be, what's your plan here? Are you creating a specific variant/aircraft?

Torben

Guest Peterpools

Hi John

Always a pleasure to see your latest project and looking forward to how you tackle this adventure.

Wings seem to mate rather well and under your eye, the results should be Spot on the Money.

So far, I've built four Tamiya P-51D's (one being a complete tear down and re-build) and knowing there are more in the coming future, I'm always eager to see new ways of tackling the kit.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Great start John.

More importantly, it's great to see you chart your own course on this endevour going forward!

I enjoy all your build treads.

Troy

Thank you Troy. :)

Hi John - looking very interesting - I love a good mash up!

Apologies, to my shame I'm not as knowledgable on the ‘Stang as I would like to be, what's your plan here? Are you creating a specific variant/aircraft?

Torben

I just wanted to give this a try and see if we could replace the rivet showing Tamiya wings with the smooth Revel wings. It will be a regular P-51D-20 bird in the Pacific. :) Thanks go to Rick Griewski for the wings!

Edited by Guest

Hi John

Always a pleasure to see your latest project and looking forward to how you tackle this adventure.

Wings seem to mate rather well and under your eye, the results should be Spot on the Money.

So far, I've built four Tamiya P-51D's (one being a complete tear down and re-build) and knowing there are more in the coming future, I'm always eager to see new ways of tackling the kit.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter. I felt it would be a nice "project" to try and, hopefully, we will have a alternative to puttying the Tamiya wings. I tried that and it just did not work out well.

John :)

That is looking good so far. Will be great to see how this pans out John.

Thanks. So far so good but we will see! :coolio: