B-25J Mitchell

Dukie99

I spotted some imperfections on the surfaces of the fuselage which needed some sanding and i reshot gloss black but I am very pleased with the work I did on filling the seams on the fuselage and rescribing. Even under a coat of white aluminum the top of the fuselage is seamless. Tonight I have preshaded the top of the wings with dark aluminum to give some variation and applied some Maskol with a sponge on certain areas of the wings before I shoot olive drab. I also assembled the wheels and dry fitted them on the g-factor legs and the fit is perfect. I start to feel like I will be able to finish before the end of June.

i-6gd8xBw-L.jpg

i-TKT7Q24-L.jpg

i-Zk8zhDT-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

Thank you Maxim. Tonight I shot the Olive drab on the wings. Used three different shades of MRP olive drab and I am quite happy with the variation in colors although it does really show on the picture. Removed the masks and the insignia came out really nice. Tomorrow I will remove the maskol and the wings will be ready to be glued. I will shoot Olive drab on the fuselage tomorrow and the wings can be glued.

i-bqqkj4W-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

Carl,

It's not your phone, it's the crappy pic. I will try to take pictures under daylight this week-end. Under normal circumstances I have trouble taking decent pics but with this model it is even worse because it is so large. I need to clear some space on my modeling bench for when the wings will be on...

Cheers,

David

Getting awfully close to completion. Gluing the wings was extremely satisfying, the wings clicked perfectly (you need to apply some strength however) and there is absolutely no seem, nice!

A few pictures, hopefully I will be done by this week-end, the next GB is calling me.

i-XBfPnnK-L.jpg

i-hHDv4DT-L.jpg

i-XKZNHmN-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

Edited by Dukie99

Thanks Guys. I fixed the mishap with the pictures. I need to paint and glue the propellers, the bomb bay doors, glue the pitot and the position lights. I need to paint the exhaust stain and then a coat of Alclad flat before unmasking everything.

Cheers,

David

Almost there. After a coat of Alclad flat on the Olive drab it was time to unmask all the glass. Overall I am super happy, the bombardier section, cockpit and tail gunner came out great. The top turret is Ok but it could have been better. The big disappointment are the side gunner positions, I made a really rookie mistake by using ca accelerator when installing the guns before closing the fuselage and because the windows were already masked, I did not realize that the accelerator had partly fogged the windows. Bummer there is nothing I can do except remember that lesson for the future.

Pictures:

i-8ZDm5Lh-L.jpg

i-VwjC6fj-L.jpg

i-x4Mfjqq-L.jpg

i-4CvsxFd-L.jpg

i-nT4snNB-L.jpg

i-QmLq3xP-L.jpg

i-BH5brT3-L.jpg

Cheers,

David