|Dirty Hurry| Fly Hurricane Mk IIC Trop 1:32

shadowmare

I really like weathering and paint job you did.  I wonder how it compares to the PCM kit which I nearly finished before dropping it accidentally. That also wasn't an easy build but I still enjoyed it up to that point. 

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Nice work. I agree that this kit is a real SOB to build. I threw mine on the floor out of frustration.

I had same mood few times while building  :angry2: Fly didn't meet expectations.

Man that looks wonderful!  Sorry to hear about the kit. I know all about the need for supreme passion to survive building a kit. :rolleyes:

I really really hope my Fly Wessex is not in the same category of "passion needed to complete" category. 

I hope that we will get a better Hurricane, it really deserves Tamiya quality. Fingers crossed for your Wessex.

I really like weathering and paint job you did.  I wonder how it compares to the PCM kit which I nearly finished before dropping it accidentally. That also wasn't an easy build but I still enjoyed it up to that point. 

Carl

Thank you. Without a doubt Fly is better - wings with raised rivets, sharper details and overall look. 

Thank you. Without a doubt Fly is better - wings with raised rivets, sharper details and overall look. 

However from hearing about buildabitlity I've heard the opposite when comparing the Fly kit to the PCM kit, other than having to glue the tops of the wings to the fuse before gluing the bottom halves of the wings to the top. 

I found 2 builds of PCM and Fly, so everybody can compare:

PCM:

http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/features/hurricanemki32mm_1.htm

FLY:

https://doogsmodels.com/2016/05/24/review-132-fly-hawker-hurricane-mk-iic/

I think that kits are in the same class in pain making for builder   :BANGHEAD2:  

Edited by shadowmare