Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E Tiger II

Nice work done. i wonder how hard the surgery was to get the vent removed from the canopy. Does that entail any removal from the inside of the canopy too?

looking forward to some paint on the kit!

Karim

Thank you. No surgery was required. The ECS vent is a shallow detail that actually opens up into the inside of the canopy (which I found out when I filled the recess on the exterior with 3M acrylic putty - it oozed out into the inside). I taped over the canopy clear area and wet-sanded the ECS vent to remove the molded-on frame and smooth out the putty. No problems. I'll be putting One Shot Black primer on the airframe tomorrow, and then starting the camo using MRP. I'm ready to get this one done!

Looking good, but just a heads up..... you've got your two main gear legs on the wrong sides. You need to swap them. The wheel hubs face towards the wingtips on all members of the F-5 family ;0) HTH, Fred K.

Thanks Fred, I've reversed them and don't believe I did that. More coffee please...

Primer is on the Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E Tiger II kit. Since I'm not using the centerline tank in this build, I shot one half of the tank with the One Shot acrylic primer and then both halves with MRP. The MRP doesn't react to the primer nor does it seem to react to bare plastic.

kh_32018_43.jpg

So the plan was to do this kit in the SEA camouflage, but MRP shows the underlying colors, especially the lighter ones. FS 36622 just doesn't look right over black using MRP (note to self, use the gray primer for that next time) so I opted for the aluminum lacquer scheme that came out of the Northrop factory instead. Here we are in the early stages...

kh_32018_46.jpg

Looking good....hope to see it done up soon....

The Malaysian birds were delivered in this very scheme......other then the demonstrator n the USAF, If not mistaken, Malaysia was the only export nation to have this scheme.....as delivered....

Not far to the finish line......on yours

I finished one late last year ....it's on this forum somewhere

Rgds

Back to work on the Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E after a weekend at Wonderfest. The aircraft is ready for decals!

I've been wanting to go to Wonderfest for quite a few years now. Several of my local pals make the annual pilgrimage.