Kinetic BAe Hawk...

KOTR

I thought I needed something relatively easy, cheap, quick and dirty, so I canned all other options and ideas and decided to go with my latest acquirement I hauled away from the ESM, namely Kinetics Hawk 100:

idfw.jpg

I haven't decided on any markings, yet, but it will be one from this sheet:

9tft.jpg

(BTW, did you get my mail, Kev?)

Haven't decided on a scheme, yet, but I'm leaning towards a bird in desert camo.

Will be mostly out of box, with a few small home made enhancements, but nothing too fancy. I'll post some pictures, soon :)

Edited by KOTR

great subject and so many nice paint jobs. :popcorn:

Mark

Thank you, Mark. Indeed, something for the lover of more elaborate camos! :)

Hi KOTR,

Enjoy your build. The Kinetic Hawk looks to be a neat model.

I could be wrong but it looks from the profiles that the schemes on the decal sheet are for a different type of Hawk? :hmmm:

Thank you. The cover only shows only profiles of early Hawks, but there are also four Mk.100s and even three Mk.200 options included on the sheet. :)

This should be good Michael - Give me a sout if you require any advice.

Cheers

Derek

Thank you, Derek. Its sure just a matter of time until I find something that needs clarification...

...like who uses the dual-MFD layout in the cockpit, like in the kit? All pictures I found so far use three MFDs... :)

Nice choice KOTR!

HÃ¥kan

Thank you, HÃ¥kan! :)

Guest Jessie_C

...like who uses the dual-MFD layout in the cockpit, like in the kit? All pictures I found so far use three MFDs... :)

The cockpit is Canadian. Look at the detail pictures on the side of the box; that's an RCAF aircraft. It seems that Kinetic like Canadian subjects :)

For anyone else's cockpit you'll need to do a little surgery.

The cockpit is Canadian. Look at the detail pictures on the side of the box; that's an RCAF aircraft. It seems that Kinetic like Canadian subjects :)

For anyone else's cockpit you'll need to do a little surgery.

Eh, barnacles! Well, seems like my weekend will be occupied with cutting some MFDs. So much for an easy, quick build... :rolleyes:

Look forward to your build.

Certain that whatever scheme etc you choose will be great.

Have fun :popcorn:  :piliot:

Thank you. We'll see what I'll end up with... :)

Edited by KOTR

• 4 weeks later...

The cockpit is Canadian. Look at the detail pictures on the side of the box; that's an RCAF aircraft. It seems that Kinetic like Canadian subjects :).

That's because he is getting Canadian help. :)

Edited by ScoobyDoo

So KOTR which scheme did you decide or is that still in balance. ..

And how goes it :please:

Not finally decided yet, though I'm seriously considering the Abu Dhabi version for the moment. The last thing I did was cutting some new IPs, but I had no bench time for the last two weeks. Little surprising considering I'm at my mom's place, the work bench is some 400 km away right now and I won't see it again before Friday. 

But the lady of the house is taking good care of me! :)

Is that a repop of Revell's kit or a new one?  I've never seen that one before. 

I have the RoG Red Arrows Hawk.................nice kit :)

No, its a different kit than the Revell. It represents the later Hawk 100/T2 version  :)

Guest Peterpools

KOTR

Excellent choice and the decal sheet has some spectacular markings - doesn't look like you can go wrong with any of them.

Looking forward to following along and enjoying the build

Peter