Tamiya's release schedule next 5 years (suggestion)

timvkampen

A decent Mig-15 will be cool. Trumpeters offering is probably one of the worst models I ever built. In fact, it ended up in the trash can. I will be ALL OVER a 1/32 Beaufighter MK X or a Buccaneer.

Guest Maxim

A decent Mig-15 will be cool. Trumpeters offering is probably one of the worst models I ever built. In fact, it ended up in the trash can. I will be ALL OVER a 1/32 Beaufighter MK X or a Buccaneer.

Mine also ended up in the trash! One of the worst kits I ever attempted and was very disappointed when I opened the box.

:rofl:

My comments were directed at the 'Mericans who refer to the J.35 as the drayken.

They make a lovely rum called Kraken, after the mythical sea beast, which they call krayken.

Best rum in the world - the Tamiya of tipples, although my real faves are Bulleit Bourbon and Maker's Mark ditto, plus Islay single malts.

If it's a pure fantasy wish list then I'd like Tamiya to release a Draken, Beaufighter VI.f, Su-15 Flagon and EE Lightning F.2A/F.6 in 1/32

Realistically, a Tomcat or Griffon Spitty

Tony

I really don't know why I'm even replying here. Perhaps I'm waiting for someone's cheese to slide off their cracker!  All because their #1 aircraft didn't make the honorable mention.

Maybe the tread will get locked up in the process by our over-worked underappreciated awesome moderators.  A few peeps will threaten to go off the rails and start sniffing Testers glue in a little clear plastic bag. 

Just a little sarcasm and all in fun gent's! 

Dear Mr. Tamiya,  I would kindly like you to consider the following 1:32 scale aircraft:  (please)? 

1. Lavochkin La-5

2. LaGG-3

3. P-51B/C

repeat in opposite order! 

P-51B/C,

LaGG-3

and La-5. 

P.S.  I'll be in Osaka in two weeks.  We can discuss in person if you'd like? 

Troy

PHOOEY.

All the planes listed  have been issued in kit form in 1/ 32 scale already,  by various manufacturers.

All are available in eBay. One just has to search for them.

What a bunch of crap.

Stephen

Edited by ssculptor

OK, I'll bite.

In the next five years, I think we will see:

Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Hien

Outside chance of:

Me-109

That's it.

Would love a Griffon Spit.

I know Tamiya would sell at least two of them so that should be enough to want a CF-100 Clunk in 1/32.

Second would be a CF-105. After all, if they can make a 1/1 model of it, why not 1/32.

Next would have to be a CFA-44 Nosferatu.

An FG2 Corsair would be awesome

Lastly, a WB-57 in NASA markings.

Carl

there are a fair number of aircraft listed here on this post - having a really quick look I think there's only about 1/3 of them that have not been produced as a 1/32 kit (but I've ignored any kit variation - a 109 is a 109 to me). As a modeller I really want different aircraft that have never been released - my heart sinks when the fanfare of a new kit comes out and it's the same aircraft that's been around for the past 50 years. I know the technology has moved on therefore the quality of the kits are in a different league but it's a bit boring for me - one of the reasons I've started to build other subjects.  If my eyesight was better I'd even drop down to smaller scale aircraft just to get something different.  Given the ever increasing numbers of 109's, spitfires, mustangs, mosquito's, (and now a stream of variations of DO335's) that are released I guess I'm in the minority.  I would love to see a Delta Dart, Buccaneer, HS125, a SAAB Viggen or a Mig 25 hit the shops but I'm not holding my breathe.  Anyway, where are my happy pills and that 1/16 tiger tank......

When I think of Tamiya, the last thing I think of is something "completely different". They seem to stick to the things that will sell in high volume in Japan, and if the rest of us like it, then "thank you very much". That said....

Please Sir, could I have a quartet of Saabs, a Martin B-10, a set of Shrikes (8, 12 and 18 if you please) and all in 1/32 scale? and why not an Airacuda and a set of X planes (X-20 and 24's) and lifting bodies (HL-10 and M2F2 for a start). Notice that I left out the other 100 WWI aircraft that we will beg Sir Peter and crew to favor us with in the next year (we're not getting any younger).

Sad but true, I will probably wait centuries for resin kits of the vast majority of these, and that's not really likely. Oh well, my stash is so large I need to sell off 90% of it to even get to it. It is a fantasy, but a fun fantasy. Thank you to all of those creators who give us more of that fun.

Tnarg