Tamiya 1/6 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin

pcben80

Hey guys,

I've been in a little of a funk lately as it relates to building LSPs. So, on a complete whim, I decided to snag this kit and the optional chain kit during a recent Squadron sale. Not sure why exactly - I am not in any way, shape or form a motorcycle guy. Probably just because it's Tamiya and I knew it would be quality... :thumbsup:

maYCgmm.jpg?1

Anyway, I've been plugging away at it for the past few weeks so I thought I'd start up a thread for anyone thinking about building this monster. And it is most definitely huge! 

hHZ1SD0.jpg?1

k0WAuTT.jpg?1

3hwEtZW.jpg?1

IQZByaA.jpg?2

ShN6jLW.jpg?2

T0BZQ0h.jpg?1

Hope you guys like it! As with the Tamiya 1/32 aircraft, the pieces just fall together - the kit has been an absolute pleasure to build. Highly recommended if anyone wants to try something different.

Cheers

Ben

Edited by pcben80

This is very cool! I really don't appreciate you making me want to expand my stash, though. Maybe if we could justify it by saying it's an LSP, it would be ok. I just can't decide what the P would stand for. Projectile?

PS: I just found out how much these 1/6 bikes cost, so I guess there's no danger of one getting into my stash after all!!!

Edited by BiggTim

Thanks for the positive comments. Having a ton of fun with this and definitely stoking the fires for my next LSP project.

This is very cool! I really don't appreciate you making me want to expand my stash, though. Maybe if we could justify it by saying it's an LSP, it would be ok. I just can't decide what the P would stand for. Projectile?

PS: I just found out how much these 1/6 bikes cost, so I guess there's no danger of one getting into my stash after all!!!

Yeah, I got this one with a 30% off coupon from Squadron but it's definitely still an expensive kit. However, as with the Tamiya aircraft, the engineering is exquisite. It's nice to go through a build knowing that you never have to worry about things fitting the way they're supposed to!

Edited by pcben80

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Its been a while since I updated this build. Definitely been making progress but most of that has been priming and painting of smaller parts that come together for the larger sub-assemblies. The build sequence for the wheels on this beast really is ingenious - I remember thinking on multiple occasions "there's no way this is going to come together" but of course, I'm always proved wrong.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the pics!

y5vm3Rah.jpg?2

sM0Tw0Qh.jpg?1

O0nrZE7h.jpg?1

o4orBjSh.jpg?1

IIJkyKph.jpg?1

gEBWJOsh.jpg?1

iA3wXSJh.jpg?1

DMEwnSGh.jpg?1

Thats it for now! Have a great weekend all.

Cheers.