1/32 Hasegawa P-26A Peashooter Part Deux...

Shaka HI

Thanks Hubert..Understood. I've been reading "Scratch Built!" and it seems to indicate that non-tensioned rigging as a "sin", but don't recall if sagging was the reason.. I'll do more reading. Decals have arrived and oddly enough, the green Peashooter appeals to me so I'll do that scheme! I ordered that exact book from Amazon just last night for less than $5!

GjjdvQN.jpg

Ugh..no Shawn...I just saw John's quality 2 day progress and Karim's two RFI posts (and that Zero from I can't recall whom)..and your George and of course Peters (plural) builds and well...a bit disheartening. I'm somewhat competitive, but I know when I'm not at the same level.

I just got the cockpit parts primed and may be I'll close up the fuselage. Thanks for watching.

Ugh..no Shawn...I just saw John's quality 2 day progress and Karim's two RFI posts (and that Zero from I can't recall whom)..and your George and of course Peters (plural) builds and well...a bit disheartening. I'm somewhat competitive, but I know when I'm not at the same level.

I just got the cockpit parts primed and may be I'll close up the fuselage. Thanks for watching.

Don't be disheartened Shaka, slow and steady can (and often does) win the race. Compared with my recent (lack of) progress you're a regular Speedy Gonzalez and every build I've seen of yours has got better and better.

Looking forward to seeing this one eclipse the P40.... No pressure  :evil_laugh:

Torben

Don't know how I missed this Shaka, a third build, my goodness. Pretty little plane with lots of scope for a gorgeous paint scheme, but I so agree with Torben's post above: work at your own pace, look, admire and learn from others' builds but do your own thing and be proud of it!

Max

Well...I primed the model and now I noticed this:

Z5MyNXg.jpg

Didn't even have clue with that bright yellow plastic. No plan of action at the moment. I was hoping for color coats real soon. You guys with the same kit might wanna check yours.

(Edit: that molding issues is on both sides.)

Edited by Shaka HI