WnW Junkers D.I .......Feeling the need for a nice quick OOB build....

monthebiff

Andy, you make this look easy and really nice ! I think I'll be getting one at some point, and when I do, It will be the first WNW I do. I have 3 others in the stash now. Carry on sir !.....Harv :popcorn:

Andy, you make this look easy and really nice ! I think I'll be getting one at some point, and when I do, It will be the first WNW I do. I have 3 others in the stash now. Carry on sir !.....Harv :popcorn:

Thank you Harv for your very kind comments, it definately is one of those kits just to build. paint and enjoy!

Regards. Andy

Engine built and painted today ready for weathering,was going to add spark plug leads etc but then remembered this is supposed to be a quick, fun build and pretty much none of it would be seen so decided against.

20180512_194811.jpg

I did however update the MG's with the Master brass upgrade set.

20180512_194946.jpg

With the engine and radiator weathered and installed it will be time for masking and then painting. 

Regards. Andy

Engine weathered and installed this morning.

20180513_120322.jpg

20180513_120335.jpg

Reasonably happy with how this area has turned out as I hate building and painting engines. Just need to finish the Spandau's and then install along with the radiotor and that will be the main assembly complete and time for painting.

Regards. Andy

Guest Peterpools

Andy

Fantastic progress and love the idea of a quick and relaxing build. Surely looking real good and the Spandau's just add to a wonderful build

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Man that is nice work! That seat looks amazing as does all the paintwork.

Thank you Maxim, I really enjoyed painting the cockpit and bringing it all together, just a shame very little can be seen when all closed up.

Regards. Andy

This is ever so impressive, a WNW kit that does not have loads of rigging to do, sounds good to me, and that seat really looks the biz, how did you clean up the leading edge corrugations in the end ?

Cheers

Dennis

Just 4 lengths of rigging in total Dennis and 2 of those are deep inside the cockpit ! 

Regarding the wing leading edge I just used a couple of needle files and took my time, carefully removed all of the sanding dust and finished off with a coating of Tamiya extra thin cement. Seems to have worked reasonably well.

Regards. Andy

Andy

Fantastic progress and love the idea of a quick and relaxing build. Surely looking real good and the Spandau's just add to a wonderful build

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks for checking by Peter, Having spent the last year and a half on a couple of full on conversions which are still WIP's I just needed a nice simple build. paint and then decal build and just finish something for a change and this is working wonders for me.

Regards. Andy

• 1 month later...

So, finally back to the bench and getting this one back on track with paint work and decals.

20180618_155507.jpg

20180618_155556.jpg

A little more work on getting the decals fully settled but some decent progress, the camo colours may be a bit soft edged but as I'm going for a heavily weathered look I didnt think it would make to much difference.

Regards. Andy