Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

Grab one and get with it, Shawn. This kit should be a piece o' cake, as fit generally seems to be just excellent (unless of course, you glue the tail on skewed!)

They seem to be going for cheap, or at least decent prices lately too.   Even not being on sale at SB.com, its only 55 USD.  Not too shabby for a nicely detailed new tool 1/32nd kit. 

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/has08883.htm

Edited by Out2gtcha

Tail fixed. I was concerned that the width of the saw kerf would throw the alignment off, so I've taped it into position while it's drying. As far as I can determine, that seam is not present on the real aircraft anyway (still need to verify that though), so I'll just use CA and putty to straighten it up later.

N1K2%203%20002_zps6mej8os2.jpg

Following this with interest. 

Just in case you do not intend to do anything else with those anime decals - Can I buy them off of you? 

Let me know! 

-Anthony 

Just drop me a PM with your address, and I'll mail them to you. It won't be until after the 18th of this month though (SS payday). You want the bunny girl too?

nope, that joint is on the model only

Well as you know all too well, I have excellent references on the George, just haven't checked them thoroughly,... yet. :)

I'm still a bit concerned with the notion that the bottom was always bare though. The Model Art book that I have, seems to tell a different story.

Regarding the bottoms being bare metal, i found more ref's that said they were bare then ones that said grey.

In the end its up to you.

Does that include the orange trainer you did (and that I intend to do in 32nd) Shawn?   

If so foil could be cool there.................

*EDIT*    Just re-read your thread Shawn, and answered my own question.    :lol:

Edited by Out2gtcha