50/50 1:48 B-17

LSP_K2

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Question on the PE

I tend to accumulate a few sets (far short of your B-17 sets), loose track and forget what is to replace where. I try to make notes in the kits instructions but it's hit or miss for me.

Very interested in your plan of attack on how and where the PE goes.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Sorry for the LATE response!  I mean REALLY late.  I do somewhere.  I'm in Asia for a week but will look when I get back.

I have a bunch of books on B-17s as well that I can post to you, if you are in need.  LOTS of web pics too, but just in case I thought I'd offer.  I also have a TON of extra parts from all of my B-17 builds I would be happy to post to you.  Let me know.

BTW< how is this build going?

Yes, we'll discuss those books, for sure. As to progress, as is usual, this one has been set aside for a while while I catch up (or try to) on some other items.

Kev

Question on the PE

I tend to accumulate a few sets (far short of your B-17 sets), loose track and forget what is to replace where. I try to make notes in the kits instructions but it's hit or miss for me.

Very interested in your plan of attack on how and where the PE goes.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Well, the Big Ed sets are monstrous, so planning ahead may prove necessary on this one, much more than on simpler projects. One snag I ran into almost immediately, was the bomb bay, as depicted in the kit, is full of all sort of errors, so I need to scratch build my brains out, or just not reveal that portion of the model. Despite wanting it exposed, I'm just not sure I want to go through all that work. 

Kevin,

I think I have the PE for this kit too (bomb bay doors) so that might give you some addl leeway to decide what you want to do, as well as the Teknics resin damaged tail and elevator.  Interested?

I'm off to Asia for a week, but when I get back I'll take inventory of what I have and send over to you to see what you might be interested in.

I think I've built at least four of these birds, including two of the ProModeler kits.  I have LOTS of extra parts (and a complete unopened kit to boot).

Kevin,

I think I have the PE for this kit too (bomb bay doors) so that might give you some addl leeway to decide what you want to do, as well as the Teknics resin damaged tail and elevator.  Interested?

I'm off to Asia for a week, but when I get back I'll take inventory of what I have and send over to you to see what you might be interested in.

I think I've built at least four of these birds, including two of the ProModeler kits.  I have LOTS of extra parts (and a complete unopened kit to boot).

I was tentatively working on a deal for a complete resin bomb bay, but that's gone quiet on me, so I have no idea what I'll do regarding that area. If I recall correctly, the Big Ed set, already has the bomb bay door details. I'll certainly keep the parts offer in mind though, and appreciate the thought very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin:

Back in the states.  Our Model Classic show is next weekend (29th) and we have a sell-out on vendor tables.  If there is something specific you are looking for, let me know and I'll see if I can find it.  I also did an inventory of my B-17G kit stuff.  I have a TON of extra parts including bulkheads, engines, figures, etc.  Its kind of embarrassing actually.

Chris