Photo

Anyone for an RNZAF Skyhawk 'Kahu' panel and HUD?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 LSP_Matt

LSP_Matt

• Administrator
  • 9,181 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:50 AM

I recall serving with some Kiwi pilots and we used to do a lot of competition shooting with the local RAN personnel at Cerberus. Anyone who had served on DDG's talked about exercises where the Kiwi Skyhawk pilots would do low level air-surface simulated attacks to cross-train. Those pilots flew fast and crazy low. Some impressive stories.

Matty

• Anthony in NZ likes this

#62 Anthony in NZ

Anthony in NZ

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:14 AM

Yep, Kiwi's like to rustle around down low and in the bush!

h5_zpsz9b4fce1.jpg

Sorry dont know who to credit for the photo

• Kagemusha, Michael931080 and Fooesboy like this

#63 Talon

Talon

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

Anthony,

I will be up in the US in 6 weeks for the US IPMS Nationals and can bring them back with me if that helps. Let me know and I can give you a US address to send them to.

Craig.

#64 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

Yep, Kiwi's like to rustle around down low and in the bush!

h5_zpsz9b4fce1.jpg

Sorry dont know who to credit for the photo

Apparently the Ohakea-based crews liked to have some fun by the desert road; uncle got buzzed by one in the 90s while driving up SH1 in a vintage car. Said it felt like like the bloody car was about to fall apart! 

#65 Anthony in NZ

Anthony in NZ

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:07 PM

Thanks Craig!  Mike(serian01) has it sorted for me and I have already emailed the printing guy with Mike Cc'd. Really appreciate the offer my friend!

Mike, I was driving up Desert Road on my way to Ohakea one day and got buzzed by some Macchi's and 2 A-4K's.  Well probably not really buzzed, but they were fairly close.  I must have been pretty excited about seeing them as I had a speed camera ticket in the mail shortly after arrival back home LOL

#66 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:13 PM

Craig, give me a shout if you have plans to visit Wash. DC on your Nats trip, I won’t make it across the country to the show this time sadly

#67 Talon

Talon

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:27 PM

Mike,

Would love to get that far across the country someday, but this visit will be Phoenix only. I'm travelling with Richard Alexander, who has not been to the area before, so I'll take him to visit some of the attractions (Pima, Davis Monthan, AMARC, Planes of Fame and Luke AFB - I'm hoping to convince WNW they can start making fast jets - but I think that would make a better Tui's billboard), and furtherest afield we'll get will likely be Grand Canyon/Sedona. Either side of the convention, we'll be staying with Mike Reeves (TwoMikes/Phase Hangar Resin).

My trips to the Eastern side of the country so far have been Boston and New York.

Anthony, I know Mike would be happy to do casting for you. Happy to have that discussion with him if you like.

Edited by Talon, 17 June 2018 - 09:30 PM.

#68 seiran01

seiran01

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:34 PM

Mike’s a great guy, met him the last time Nats were in Phoenix (2010?). Was just in Sedona last month, instantly a favorite place. If you make it there, you’ll see why :)
Enjoy the trip!

#69 Talon

Talon

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

This will be my 7th trip to Phoenix and 3rd to Sedona. I crash at Mikes every time I visit - we go back too many years to remember. By now, there are not many places/things I haven’t gotten to in Arizona, but this is more showing Richard the neighbourhood and getting some more “war stories” for the archives aka ‘Richard and Craig go drinking again’ 😂

Sedona is amazing and one of the reasons to take him there. He also wanted to get to the Grand Canyon, so I figured we’d do a 2 day road trip and take in Planes of Fame in Valle at the same time as it had some very cool exhibits last time I was there (Me109G and Siemens Shuckert replica were highlights albeit outside my areas of interest).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users