Type 110 cowl conversion set for the 109?

Mikester

Jerry/Judy,

Since it appears that the CE set will never see the light of the day again any possibility you might do this one? I thought I recall you doing one in the past but my coffee hasn't taken full hold yet.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike,

Try calling Gary at the "Military shop" in Long beach, California. I believe he still has a couple Cutting edge, Erla Type110 cowlings for the Bf-109G. I also picked up another Eagle Edition sets there a few months back. (He might have another?) The Cutting edge version is a bit short in lenght if you compare the two together.

1 (562) 493-1612. Gary's shop is only open Fri-Sat & Sundays. Good luck.

Regards,

Troy

I just got off of the phone with Gary. He has the CE item, not the EE item. I asked if he ships and he said no, that he is set up for in-store sales only.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hey Mike,

Try calling Gary at the "Military shop" in Long beach, California. I believe he still has a couple Cutting edge, Erla Type110 cowlings for the Bf-109G. I also picked up another Eagle Edition sets there a few months back. (He might have another?) The Cutting edge version is a bit short in lenght if you compare the two together.

1 (562) 493-1612. Gary's shop is only open Fri-Sat & Sundays. Good luck.

Regards,

Troy

Troy/Mark,

Thanks for your help. Since they don't ship I've got a couple of buddies back in SoCal who visit there regularly, I'll see if I can hit one of them up for it.

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Mike,

If I would have know that, I would have purchased it for you and mailed it to you. I was actually in the store when you called Gary yesterday. I live about an 1.5 hours north of Long beach but I go down there occasionally. I could also ask Gary to mail it to me? I'm sure he would.

Troy

Hey Mike,

I'd recommend you post a WTB message for the Eagle Editions 110 conversion at the usual model trading forums here and elsewhere. I've used both that one and the Cutting Edge product and the found the Eagle Editions set far superior in terms of accuracy, delicacy of detail, and overall shape. I had to make so many compromises on the CE set that by the time I was done the model barely looked like a 109G-10, and the resin was very hard and brittle- one of the most difficult conversions I've ever worked with. The Eagle Editions conversion was a breeze by comparison and the results looked much better.

When I built the ERLA Bf.109 (in Kagemusha's link above) I started with the Cutting Edge conversion kit. All I can say is that even though it looked great and the surface detail was very impressive, the accuracy was not the best. The kit missed some very noticeable shape characteristics that make the Erla 109 so unique and I eventually gave it up and I bought the Eagle Editions kit, which is definitely better shape-wise. In my EE kit, some resin parts were oversize, but I managed to get that fixed eventually.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the Eagle Editions conversion kit over the Cutting Edge one.

Radu