Fw190 D-9 Pre Shaded

Smokinguns3

The only reason I preshade is to reduce the need for a panel line wash, especially on lighter colours. I tend to shade my paint as I go along and post shade as well as tinting the varnish.

I haven't tried that technique, it will be interesting to see how it comes out.

I just tried pre-shading for the first time on my last build. I really liked the results on the single coloured underside. Wasn't happy with the two colour, camo topside. IMHO I reckon its still a useful technique for single/two colour schemes. And yep, its great for the panel lines.

Although Jay says he's gone off it now, I remember his Avenger build well, and the clever use of red-brown (IIRC) colour to preshade the underside with superb results.

The various paint shading and post shading techniques that Jamie describes are still very scary for me. They all seem to require a level of airbrushing proficiency which I've yet to come close to. One of these days perhaps...

Well here's a little update the pre-shading didnt work to good on the top but worked decent on the belly lighter colors i guess, so i decided to do a panel fad effect whitch turned out great for my first time. I decided not to use the kit decals and since i had painted the hole fusalage white i figured id just mask off where the line's run on the underbelly turned out great i think, so here's a couple picture's for you guy's following this build.

post-1398-1154829768_thumb.jpg

post-1398-1154829841_thumb.jpg