Boeing F4B-4

DougN

Hey Doug, that's a nice F4B-4. I had one once but it never got built. What did you do for the cockpit, box stock, sratch or something else? I haven't gotten up enough courage to try one of these biplane (between the wars or otherwise) kits yet. I have a couple though.

Did you use the Lone Star cockpit replacement?

I really, really like what you did with this--I have the F4Bf, the Curtiss Bf2c and the P-26 all in the stash, waiting for the right moment....

It's really great to see one of these "Yellow Wings" birds, and done so well!

Tim W.

Hey Doug, that's a nice F4B-4. I had one once but it never got built. What did you do for the cockpit, box stock, sratch or something else? I haven't gotten up enough courage to try one of these biplane (between the wars or otherwise) kits yet. I have a couple though.

Did you use the Lone Star cockpit replacement?

I really, really like what you did with this--I have the F4Bf, the Curtiss Bf2c and the P-26 all in the stash, waiting for the right moment....

It's really great to see one of these "Yellow Wings" birds, and done so well!

Tim W.

Thanks Tims ;) I did not use the LoneStar cockpit, as I personally find his stuff a little clunky and of questionable accuracy. In my WIP, I just added a small amount of details to the sidewalls, stole a seat from a Revell/Monogram 1/32 F3F-3 kit, fabbed up a seat frame, rear bulkhead and throttle and added some seat belts. Even without a canopy, you don't see too much in there anyway and I am happy with it. If you want to try a biplane, this is a good one to start as it has very positive strut locators that make it easy to get everything in the right place. The kit also has all the rigging holes for the wings already there (you do need to drill them out more) so that is pretty easy as well.

Thanks again everyone!

Doug