F4F-3 Wildcat E.H. "Butch" O'Hare

Beautifully done Miloslav! Can you slide the canopy back and let us peer in to the cockpit? :)

One thing I noticed, I've never seen the extra vertical frame on the side panels of the windscreen before. Was that specific to Butch O'Hare's plane or a Trumpeter error?

They have this aircraft hanging in Chicago's O'Hare Airport, at least I think it's still there.

Cheers,

Wolf

• 1 month later...

Miloslav,

Now that's one exceptional build of the Trumpeter F4F-3. Just a fantastic paint scheme, and some of the best weathering I've ever seen on one.   :wow:  :yahoo:

Just one small issue, Wildcats didn't have shoulder harnesses. They weren't used in -3s, and the early -4s didn't have them either. I made the same exact mistake when I was building mine earlier this year. 

Joel

Whoa that is beautiful!  That has to be one of the best Wildcat's I have seen, no joke.  I started using MRP for my corsair build and love it.  I was wonding how the blue-gray would look on my birdcage and it looks good to me.  Now I just have to paint it like you did yours...Yeah right!

Bryan

That's gorgeous! My only minor complaint is the canopy frames...they need more weathering to match the rest of the airframe.

My complaint is I can't make models that nice. :)

Miloslav,

Now that's one exceptional build of the Trumpeter F4F-3. Just a fantastic paint scheme, and some of the best weathering I've ever seen on one.   :wow:  :yahoo:

Just one small issue, Wildcats didn't have shoulder harnesses. They weren't used in -3s, and the early -4s didn't have them either. I made the same exact mistake when I was building mine earlier this year. 

Joel

Hi Joel.

Did they have lap belts or something? How about British Martlets?

Miroslav. You're too good mate. :)

:goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob: ..........................