Poll: The New Wingnut Wings Announcement will be...

ringleheim

WNW New Release Announcement  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What will the new WNW kit be (to be announced at Nürnberg)?

I just want to remind everyone that a few years ago, Richard Alexander wrote an article on here that stated what WnWs would not do and that was to compete with other model Companies. Since Roden makes a DR/F.1, WnWs will not produce one. At the time, Hobbycraft was still in business, which is why we didn't see any Camels or SPAD Xllls. Only when Hobbycraft went out of business and Academy had stollen the Camel, did WnWs come out with it. When WnWs came out with the SE.5 and the Sopwith Tripe, they didn't know that Roden were also coming out with them. There is a possibility of seeing a SPAD Xlll, but probably not a Fokker Dr1, or any of the other planes made by Roden or Special Hobby.

I'm sure there's going to be a sigh of disappointment that it's not a Dr.I or SPAD, but I like it. Something a bit different, and something that will get people building WWI kits who are normally put off by the rigging.

I think I fall into both camps!  I do like it, and it is a bit different.  I'll get one at some point. 

But I am still disappointed as there are just so many vastly more interesting WWI subjects to choose from that I would have loved to see first.   

My first thought on seeing this was that it was entirely chosen because of its lack of rigging.  

Edited by ringleheim

Well, I might get one. I'm building their big Junkers at the moment and having a blast with all that corrugation.

I wonder if WNW are happy that the cat appears to have escaped the bag.

Or maybe this is fake news...

I think I fall into both camps! I do like it, and it is a bit different. I'll get one at some point.

But I am still disappointed as there are just so many vastly more interesting WWI subjects to choose from that I would have loved to see first.

My first thought on seeing this was that it was entirely chosen because of its lack of rigging.

🤔yep
Fall into both camps on this one.
No rigging is a plus for beginners. Corrugated iron what's not to like...
Back to basics.
Oh well Blackburn Kangaroo/ Late Staaken /Caproni - next time😭😜

I like it as a subject just fine, but my wallet and I are glad its not one Im that interested in. As noted on FB, I am happy for those who are happy about it!     Its just like the Dolphin except a bit less so for me; interesting subject in a lot of ways, but there are SO many other kits out there I want, that even with WnWs superior build quality, I probably would skip it.