Zacto A-7 correction set and Su-27 canopy available again soon

zipper

Dave, both my LSP raffle winners were overseas, one in USA and one to NZ I think it was, full sized kits as well? combined, nothing was like Chris Zacto was charging from USA to UK, low volume too.

Please.

Glad he is back in business, but apart from postage, his parts are very still niche stuff, £76 for an F-14 Tomcat intake fix delivered is just silly money IMHO.

Phil Flory built a 1/32 .Trumpy Tomcat without this fix, does anyone notice? until Zacto mentioned, bet not.

Zacto's resin is about the best I have seen - it is really top notch. I am sorry you feel the need to trash his product.

Yes, the Zacto Tomcat inlet set is priceless.

And yes, the basic Tomcat is expensive and requires an expensive AM bundle. Given its large size in 1/32 scale the faint hearted are possibly better buying a Tamiya or forthcoming AMK 1/48 version, which are or will be pretty classy models.

A pity the Flanker canopy set seems off the menu. I bought a new nose and inlets a few years back and have been waiting for the canopy parts. Maybe someone else can step in with those parts and the gear to create an Su-33 Sea Flanker (?)

Tony

edited to correct autospell

Edited by Tony T

Guest The Southern Bandit

Zacto's resin is about the best I have seen - it is really top notch. I am sorry you feel the need to trash his product.

Please dont say I trash his stuff ... Where did i even suggest that? "  knock it off, no need for that :(

Yes, the Zacto Tomcat inlet set is priceless.

And yes, the basic Tomcat is expensive and requires an expensive AM bundle. Given its large size in 1/32 scale the faint hearted are possibly better buying a Tamiya or forthcoming AMK 1/48 version, which are or will be pretty classy models.

A pity the Flanker canopy set seems off the menu. I bought a new nose and inlets a few years back and have been waiting for the canopy parts. Maybe someone else can step in with those parts and the gear to create an Su-33 Sea Flanker (?)

Tony

No doubts about that my friend, just seems strange to me why he only does partial realises ... I mean c'mon, an A7 corrected intake lip from him is great news  ... and I fully realise he has had some family health problems too, we all have, its life ... But in fairness to the talented Guy, he's been out of production for a long time now, years even, if you are lucky enough to know him from ARC and get your parts first.

All I'm saying is, and we''ll ignore all other kits for now, even Zacto correction kits.

I have a 1:32 Trumpeter A-7 Jet Corsair, thanks to Mr Zactoman, we all know the front end of this jet is wrong, chronically wrong, he pretty much fixed it all, that was the good news, been emailing him for ages, nothing, heard back he had family health issue's apparently, this was a few years ago.

Now I hear on here, he's ramping up production on the A7 lip intake only? what about the Intake, the lip is no use without that, and when we go that far, what about the canopy issues? Chris Zacto went to great pains to show how bad the kit canopy was in shape and form ... and he was right, Trumpeter screwed up again.

But still no word on that canopy fix resuming production again.

I bet there are hundreds upon hundreds of Trumpeter A-7 Corsair kits sitting gathering dust in modellers houses all over the world, just waiting for a build, just waiting on that announcement Chris will make at ARC, Hey Boys, all A7 parts now in full production again, come and get them.

Not holding my breath though.

Now I hear on here, he's ramping up production on the A7 lip intake only? what about the Intake, the lip is no use without that, and when we go that far, what about the canopy issues?

From my website ( http://www.zactomodels.com/html/A-7_new/A-7%20Intake_Lip.htm ): "A-7 Canopy: I will be making an announcement on the ZactoForum at ARC and e-mailing those on my mailing list if and when it becomes available."

Posted in the Zactoforum at ARC ( http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/296964-132-a-7-intake-correction/ ):

No, the canopy/nosecone is not available yet. Please don't e-mail asking about it.

The nosecone can not be sold separately, it only works together with my canopy.

I will be doing some tests in the near future that will hopefully solve the vacuumforming problems I was having. If I am successful I will be re-releasing both the A-7 and Su-27 canopy sets.

I will post updates here after doing the tests.

The canopy and intake parts will be sold separately. I will not be offering the combo as before.

Intake_700.jpg

The A-7 intake correction parts are now available again.

This is not the full seamless intake, just the corrected lip and the adapter piece which forces the intake and fuselage into the correct shape.

Intake_parts.jpg

If I am successful with the canopy I will consider re-releasing the seamless intake.

As for why I'm now releasing just the intake correction, it's because customers have been asking for it.

Looking at Zactos F14 intake bits, utterly crazy prices for those and I'm not really sure if those parts are still for sale?

But assuming they are,  International customers - $70.00 + $23.75 S&H = $93.75

Yes the intakes are still available.

Regarding the price, consider that there are two huge intake parts with several smaller detail parts included. I spent hundreds of hours researching and making the patterns. The molds are huge, expensive, time consuming to make and need to be replaced frequently. The casting is difficult, time consuming and some of the parts are prone to a high reject rate.

How much do you think Aires would charge for this set? If it were a single intake do you think $35 would be fair?

It's a very low profit product that most other aftermarket companies wouldn't even consider selling for prices this low.

Shipping to the UK costs $22.50. The box costs roughly $1.25 (only because I order them in bulk). For my time for making labels, customs forms and delivering packages to the Post Office every day I charge zero. $23.75 total.

...heard back he had family health issue's apparently, this was a few years ago.

Late 2013 my 23 y/o daughter started having unexplained seizures. We took her in and did our best to care for her for over a year. She is now living on her own in California and doing much better.

Late 2015 my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery and underwent chemotherapy (through mid-2016).

Shortly after she finished chemo my mother took ill and has been since. She lives here in town and we have spent lots of time helping where we can.

My wife had reconstructive surgery in December and is almost healed.

We've had a rough several years and it has really hurt the business.

My apologies to those who've been waiting for new products or re-release of older products. I'm hoping 2017 turns out to be a great year.

:beer:

Edit: Lousy English...

Edited by Zactoman

Late 2013 my 23 y/o daughter started having unexplained seizures. We took in and did our best to care of her for over a year. She is now living on her own in California and doing much better.

Late 2015 my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery and underwent chemotherapy (through mid-2016).

Shortly after she finished chemo my mother took ill and has been since. She lives here in town and we have spent lots of time helping where we can.

My wife had reconstructive surgery in December and is almost healed.

We've had a rough several years and it has really hurt the business.

My apologies to those who've been waiting for new products or re-release of older products. I'm hoping 2017 turns out to be a great year.

:beer:

Family ALWAYS comes first. The kits in our collective stashes aren't going anywhere.

Thanks Michael, Lee and Karl :beer:

as for only getting parts if you know chris: other than being a customer once in a while i dont know chris and have always gotten my parts in a short while.

Wow, I missed that part and had to re-read to see what you were referring to.

... But in fairness to the talented Guy, he's been out of production for a long time now, years even, if you are lucky enough to know him from ARC and get your parts first.

A few times in the past when I released new products I posted the ordering link on the Zactoforum at ARC but not on my website. This was a "thank you" to my ARC followers allowing them to get a first shot at getting my new stuff. I kept the link exclusive to ARC for a week after-which I posted it on my website for everybody to order.

I fill all orders in the order that they are received. Nobody gets preferential treatment. I do my best to fill orders quickly, usually next day, sometimes same day if I have the parts in-stock, sometimes a few days if it's a big order.

As for being "out of production for a long time now, years even", I assume you are just refering to my A-7 stuff. I've been running Zactomodels for over 10 years now and have stayed open through thick and thin...

Again, sorry if you've been waiting 'years' for my A-7 parts. They were my best selling products and I certainly didn't want to discontinue them.

:mellow:

Edited by Zactoman

Chris is an excellent seller to do business with. I've bought several of his sets and they all have arrived quickly and in perfect condition. It's a credit to the person he is to continue selling his products even though he's had some really tough family issues. In regards to the A-7 intake correction ring, it works just fine with the kit parts. I look forward to more of his parts for the A-7, I'll buy them all. Keep up the good work Chris and I hope 2017 will be a great one for all of us!

Chuck

To me, the worst part of the Trumpeter A-7 is the shape of the intake inlet. The canopy is not as it should be too, but the worst part is the inlet. I can sand the intake down to eliminate the seams. I for one am happy that at least now we can fix the inlet. Maybe by the time I am ready to put the canopy on the new one will be available. 

As to the nosecone...what exactly does it fix? Profile? Shape? Roundness?

MM